Has anyone used this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig_reed

Reaction score
http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewi...t/stoppers-bungs/silicone-stopper-vented.html

I am looking for a low-profile airlock because I have a used energy drink type fridge (no mods needed - just remove the shelves) I am going to use for a fermenting chamber. However, with a standard airlock on in my 6.5 gallon bucket, it is about 1" to tall to fit in.

Wondering if anyone has used this, and their thoughts on it? I couldn't find another thread going, but please move this if there is.

Other option is a blow off tube, although with the near 90 degree turn I'd have to make with it, it may get clogged easily.

ive always done the blow off tueb thing when clearance is an issue. never has problems with clogging with 90 degree turns.

I have the same issue. What I have is probably something similar to that link, though I can't really tell. Mine is a stopper that has a hole, but the stopper is kind of hollowed out..you could say. So then I take a piece of an old airlock, the stick part cut off, and put that in the hole, then i put the tubing on that stick. So essentially with the stopper all the way in the carboy, it gives me enough space to run the hose.

Thanks for the responses guys. I had never used a blowoff before. Do I put the tube right in the hole from the lid, or do I put a stopper in, and then a tube into the stopper?

tube in hole...only go in just a bit...and run the hose to a jar of sanitizer of choice.

Or use a 1/2 elbow fitting (plastic or pvc), whatever you can drill the rubber stopper to.

M_C

So put the rubber stopper in the hole in the lid, then attach the elbow fitting to the rubber stopper hole somehow?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to visualize.

Back