Has anyone used this type of fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody used this it looks pretty convenient.

FastFerment012715143750.jpg

Just search for Fast Ferment. Lots of threads about it.

Here is a huge thread on the fast ferment conical. That is part of what helped convince me to buy one when I was still just lurking here. They are nice and work as advertised in my experience, but they are cumbersome. They don't fit in my ferm fridge and I got tired of swapping water bottles to keep it cool and don't feel like building anything new, so I haven't used mine in a while (actually just listed it in the classifieds). If you plan ahead for how you will fill it, move it, and control temp, they are really nice. I recommend getting the stand pictured just to help fill it on brew day.

My buddy has one of these. I moved away from stuff like this (plastic carboy things) and went back to just using buckets. They're so much easier to clean and with my busy lifestyle I don't have time to spend trying to get my brush at the right angle to get the gunk out.
These things do make it very easy to get yeast out if you're into washing and reusing yeast but I can top crop with a bucket and forgo the need of the little yeast catcher this has.
IDK, it's a good product but it's just not needed by some brewers. If it fits into your process then I'm sure it'll do you well.

Back