has anyone tried...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kforest236

Reaction score
Midwest supplies Honey Bee Ale? The description asks "Can't wait a year for mead?", is there really that much honey flavor?
Actually I am not a huge hop fan, any other kits (other than can of syrup+dextrose+yeast=something similar to beer) you would recommend?

We made this beer a few times. This is our standard lighter fare to take to parties and to give away to the less adventuresome drinkers. It is a tasty, light brew that is liked by both home brewers and "other" beer drinkers (bud light types). Of course, this beer tastes A LOT better! I'm with you on the hop thing and if you're not a hop-head this brew is for you.

I recommend late addition malt if you want to keep it light colored.

I think it's strange that they compare it to mead in any way. Other than the fact it has some honey in it, it doesn't taste like mead or have the alcohol content. Must be a marketing thing but one that's really stretching.

The nice thing about Midwest's catalog is that they have a hop leaf rating next to the description. They have quite a few with a one hop leaf rating but, unfortunately, it doesn't show on the web site. Make sure to ask for a catalog if you're ordering online.

Back