Has anyone tried Southern Tier Chocolate stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnmilford

bigger than most
Reaction score
I had some last night and it was like chocolate milk beer. Just awesome. I hope it tastes as good in bottles as it does on tap.

:mug:

Choklat? If so, yeah...it's like a liquid tootsie roll. Mighty tasty on tap or in the bottle if you like chocolate brews.

Delicious! I thought it tasted like (cold) hot chocolate. Definitely the most chocolatey beer I've ever had (much more so than Ommegang's Chocolate Indulgence).

Never had it on tap. Where the hell do you all live with beer like that on tap!!!
In the bottle was really nice though. Had it a few years ago.

It tasted just like Hersheys chocolate syrup to me. Cheap and disgusting. Maybe if you mixed it 50/50 with a non chocolate stout it would be palatable.

hey what u r discussing about...chocolate flavored bear i never had....i shoud check out and to taste today only...thanks

I bought a 12-pack of 22oz bottles a few weeks ago, and even though I swore I'd savor it and make it last, it's nearly gone. It's my favorite chocolate stout by far.

I had a bottle of it a few nights ago. Definitely the chocolatiest beer i've ever had, like a liquefied hershey bar. I'm a big fan of Southern Tier.

Back