Has anyone read this yeast book or any other yeast books?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I have my copy right here with post it notes sticking out all over. For a newer book its already showing good use. Buy it if yeasties intrigue you.

I have to agree. IMHO it is certainly not a read through quick and know all book. There is a LOT of information that covers all interest ranges and can/should be read over and over again as your understanding of yeast and how it applies to your situation improves. It is certainly not aimed at the novice brewer but does answer immediately answer many novice questions and can be a great guide for a beginner into advanced. Behind Palmers 'How to brew' this is probably my second favorite across my home brew adventure but maybe my #1 in actual reference. It is an easy thing to forget, we don't make really beer, we make wort and the yeast makes beer.

It's definitely not a page-turner, but it's chock full of some really good information.

Reading it now. About 2/3 done and so far my favorite brewing book out of, Brew like a Monk, Wild Brews, Farmhouse Ales and How to Brew.

I plan to read For The Love of Hops: The Practical Guide to Aroma, Bitterness and the Culture of Hops and then Water: A Comprehensive Guide for Brewers, after reading this book.

Back