Has anyone heard of this beer? (Schellenbier)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acumen

Reaction score
A relative just came back from Germany and one of the stops was what I assume is called the Muhlenbrau brewey?

They brought me back a very nice 1 litter flip top bottle (looks like an oversized maple syrup bottle) of a Dunkel Bock that says Schellenbier on the label and Muhlenbrau on the flip top (which is HUGE btw, like 4 times the regular size), but they didn't remember anything about the beer, brewery etc.

Googling it is very little help, can turn up a few reviews in German, but not much else. Has anyone had any contact with it?

I have tried googling like that and only found a few reviews, in German. I was looking for more of a history of the brewery i guess? I am stumped.

According to their website, they're homebrewers. :)
Do any of these labels look like it?
Or this?
7237v.jpg

I know its in Bamberg, near Nuremburg.

Try googling it with the umlauts in place like this, Mühlenbräu.
Seems like Jena is the place, but this one is actually in Stegaurach, outside of Bamberg.

I almost moved there, but ended up in Altendorf about 10 miles south of Bamberg. We lived there for 5 years while I worked in Bamberg.

My wife and I went to that gasthaus once, but walked out since it's a seafood restaurant (we don't eat fish...can't even stand the smell of it).

Back