Has anyone else thought this far ahead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
We have the annual beer that we make when the month/day/year are the same. As in the 8-8-8 Russian Imperial Stout. That means we are good until 12-12-12. Has anyone besides me actually though it out to see what styles/beers would be a good idea for each date.

Here are my ideas, spurred on by a couple of homebrews and a fairly empty stomach.
9-9-9 (This is my SWMBO's birthday, but she doesn't like beer). I'm thinking a Belgian Tripel. 3x3=9?

10-10-10: Octoberfest or a Pumpkin Beer

11-11-11: This is the hard one. Maybe a pumpkin beer here (Thanksgiving) or maybe we could go the route of Jones Soda and make a green bean casserole beer (just kidding)

12-12-12: Definately a winter beer. Malty with some spruce.

Before you jump all over me, remember which forum I posted this in. :drunk: :drunk:

niquejim said:
9/9/9 The tripel sounds good
10/10/10 Maibock
11/11/11 barleywine to drink :drunk: while you screw up whatever you brew on 12/12/12

Excellent. Never had a maibock before, I'll have to read up on the style.

You would probably brew the maibock then in order for it be ready in May? It's a great style. The Rogue Dead Guy Ale is essentially a Maibock but done with an ale yeast. Try it out.

homebrewer_99 said:
"Mai" (actually spelled "May") signifies the month of "May" in German...;)

I thought so. Personally I like the drink on this date vice brew on this date idea. So Maibock wouldn't work for me.

Do you brew this to be finished on this day or brew on the day? I've only been doing this a year( 1st anniversary) ((( sap))). THANKS FOR THE REPLY

Back