Has anybody ever seen a book on beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention.

A Fiction book that revolves around brewing. There HAS to be something out there. If not - the green is open for someone to write one.

Lots of brewers would drink it up!!!

Lots of brewers would drink it up!!!

....swirl it around, and spit it out! :D

With how EAC some homebrewers can be about their set-up and process; it would be a challenge to write it - but I like the idea, a fiction book about the homebrewer trying to make it big time, perfecting recipes, tinkering with water chemistry - having his knee's caved in by BMC executives, etc.

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. Although it's non-fiction. And has nothing to do with brewing. But its pretty funny.

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. Although it's non-fiction. And has nothing to do with brewing. But its pretty funny.

Pretty sure they just released a movie based on the book too. I used to read his site about a decade ago; no desire to see the film though.

I'm actually slowly working on a series of short stories involving a mad (but lovable) scientist who continually attempts to use homebrew to control the world. Wish there was more time in my life for sitting and writing.

This book is about beer: The Drawing of the Dark by Tim Powers. If you like fantasy novels, it's a winner. If you think beer is the greatest substance known to man, it's a winner. If you're not sure how those two statements can possibly fit together in a novel, you'll understand when you're done reading! It's a quick read, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually slowly working on a series of short stories involving a mad (but lovable) scientist who continually attempts to use homebrew to control the world. Wish there was more time in my life for sitting and writing.
Taking inspiration from the movie Strange Brew? ;-)

amazon had a recommendation for a fiction book about beer...cant remember it....probably that drawing of the dark one just mentioned. i could see it being interesting.

I did a huge search on beer on Amazon and found nothing of fiction HOWEVER - now I must read The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers.

I love good time travel books.

I tell ya - any brewing fiction book would sell!!!

Anubis Gates is a good book but be prepared for whole chunks of it that are slow as molasses. Not about brewing, but I vaguely remember a sci-fi humor book set in a bar that I read when I was about 12. Can't remember the name though.

Back