has any one used these (Ohio)brew on premise brewhouses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
I was thinking about opening a brewery, but it seems too difficult. I thought about brew to you or brew onsite. I found this company in Ohio. Does anyone know what it costs to brew here?

They say you brew for 2.5 hours and they are booked for months in advance, when your done you leave with 6 cases of beer.

the question is how much do they charge? the site doesnt say!

http://www.thebrewkettle.com/contact/contact.php

What I think might be an even better plan is to have some sort of Mobile BOP..maybe a small trailer with all the brewing equipment. You could just drive over to somebody's house, help them brew (guidance and equipment). It might even be cheaper than having a regular storefront.

I was thinking about opening a brewery, but it seems too difficult. I thought about brew to you or brew onsite. I found this company in Ohio. Does anyone know what it costs to brew here?

They say you brew for 2.5 hours and they are booked for months in advance, when your done you leave with 6 cases of beer.

the question is how much do they charge? the site doesnt say!

http://www.thebrewkettle.com/contact/contact.php

Cost is $125 to $155, depending upon ingredients and amount of time till bottling day, for 72 - 20 oz bottles. Cost of labels and bottles are extra.

What I think might be an even better plan is to have some sort of Mobile BOP..maybe a small trailer with all the brewing equipment. You could just drive over to somebody's house, help them brew (guidance and equipment). It might even be cheaper than having a regular storefront.

I thought of that and that might be a good test to see if its a viable buisiness. I have a box van that I just installed a new engine in last year, I actually have been brewing in the back of it on windy days.

The down side is that they would have to ferment at thier house or place of buisiness, The upside is that I dont have to rent a building! cha-ching! lol

Cost is $125 to $155, depending upon ingredients and amount of time till bottling day, for 72 - 20 oz bottles. Cost of labels and bottles are extra.

That actually seems reasonable. I thought they would be in the 200.00 area. I did see they want .60 per bottle. also reasonable, with the option of reusing them.

If I did a mobile BOP I would have to charge atleast 200.00. I see problems with that idea. I can already see kids and dogs getting in the way!

I'll have to charge extra for bratty kids and little yappy dogs! lol

I thought of that and that might be a good test to see if its a viable buisiness. I have a box van that I just installed a new engine in last year, I actually have been brewing in the back of it on windy days.

The down side is that they would have to ferment at thier house or place of buisiness, The upside is that I dont have to rent a building! cha-ching! lol

A box van would be perfect!! I don't think fermenting at the customers house would be a big deal as long as you got them set up with a swamp cooler.

Back