Harvest Nugget hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Man

Reaction score
I have 5 nugget hills, many vines each. I purposefully did not give the nugget plants as much fertilizer as I did last year. I did not pick all the nugget hops last year because the yield was so high. I had 2.5 lbs and stopped.

I can't decide if I want to harvest my nugget hops. I'll probably still harvest a 5 gallon bucket worth in volume but anything past that will not be used by me.

If anyone thinks I should pick all the nugget hops for them let me know. I live in the central coast of California. Local exchange would be preferable.

I can't decide if I want to harvest my nugget hops. I'll probably still harvest a 5 gallon bucket worth in volume but anything past that will not be used by me.

Dude you could cryogenicaly freeze the rest and keep them for people in the future, just a thought. :mug:

If it were me I'd pick the whole bunch and sell what ya don't use cheap... If you're only interested in dealing locally - post an ad on the local craigslist - many don't give a rats behind about exact AA's, you could probably even have someone local pick the hops themselves once you pull what you want...

shipping hops is pretty cheap since they are so light...I would pick em and sell them for market for all your hard work. But I definitely would not let them go to waste

Waa waa, oh to have your problems. Or rather "problems" much like these;

"I have WAY too much money"
"my dick is too big"
"my Ferrari goes WAY too fast"

Just pick em all, sell em on eBay and quitcherbitchin!

Waa waa, oh to have your problems. Or rather "problems" much like these;

"I have WAY too much money"
"my dick is too big"
"my Ferrari goes WAY too fast"

Just pick em all, sell em on eBay and quitcherbitchin!

I guess one out of three isn't bad :)

sorry for getting back so late. I still have over 2lbs of nugget hops from last year that I didn't use. That is why I'm deciding on picking this year's or not. I still have a lot of Chinook and Zeus from last year as well.

I live in santa maria, ca. There are a couple local breweries in town and a brew store in san luis obispo that I have thought about talking to. I wouldn't think they would buy any because I don't know the AA value and there must be some quality control test verification for the hops or something.

If anyone is interested iin some hops just email me at [email protected]

i would think that local breweries would be interested in local hops! that's what we're doing here in indiana. we are also looking for a place to test the aa as well....if you hear anything, please share!

Back