Hardware Experts - help me connect these two items…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This Kobalt portable CO2 system from Lowe’s has a universal quick lock.
Portable_CO2.jpg

I want to connect this hose (standard Gas hose) using that female quick connect.
Vynil_Tubing.jpg

I'm thinking:
Item 1) I’m thinking a male quick connect with a female thread.

Item 2) Then a male hose barb with a male thread that fits item #1.

Anyone seen these compatible fittings at Lowe’s?

you can buy the male/female barbed ends over in the plumbing section i think, then in the aircompressor section you can buy the quick disconnect parts.

when i built my manifold i put a quick disconnect on it i screwed in the male end to the manifold, then bought a barbed male end and threaded the quick disconnect works like a champ.

but normally the aircompressor isle has all the disconnects for airlines you need.

Yeah, you should be able to find those parts pretty easily. If you want to bypass that, you can probably cut off that female quick connect and use a splicer to put your two hoses together. Or, put a male barb on your gas hose line and bypass that extra hose. No reason to have two QD's that could possibly leak in your line, risking emptying your CO2 faster than you would like, IMHO.

I use a setup like belfferd's except I use the male UQL on the hose.

On the other end of my hose is a gas ball lock connector. I use it to hook up the air compressor to my cornies to pressure test them and move sanitation fluid from cornie to cornie.

Yeah, both the female and male QDs come in both 1/4"MPT and 1/4" FPT (by the compressor tools). Once you pick either, you go over to the brass fittings section and grab the hose barbs that mate to them.

Hm, how to connect these two items...well, BM, first you get a couple of martinis in 'er. Then you turn on Sirius Chill...

oh, wait, nevermind.

abracadabra said:
Is that the female alter ego of Dennis? :D

Yeah... actually his 18 year old well endowed sister. I figured he'd be more inclined to tell her than some bratty little kid.

Good catch by the way, I could have proof read that a hundred times and never saw that.

CatchinZs said:
Whatya makin'? :D

Serving up at a St. Patty party next weekend.

Gonna drop a couple (maybe three) cornies into a rubbermaid garbage can. Fill her up with ice. Drill a couple (maybe three) holes on the front and mount some shanks and faucets and use the portable CO2 to push some beer.

CatchinZs said:
Yeah... actually his 18 year old well endowed sister. I figured he'd be more inclined to tell her than some bratty little kid.

Good catch by the way, I could have proof read that a hundred times and never saw that.

I can see somebody else's typo's and misspellings a mile off. But can's spot my own worth a darn.

Anyway your's was funny, I usually don't comment because I'm such poor speller myself.

:mug:

BierMuncher said:
Serving up at a St. Patty party next weekend.

Gonna drop a couple (maybe three) cornies into a rubbermaid garbage can. Fill her up with ice. Drill a couple (maybe three) holes on the front and mount some shanks and faucets and use the portable CO2 to push some beer.

how much was that thing!! that would be perfect for taking kegs to partys and stuff!

Back