Happy Thanksgiving!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey_c

Reaction score
I wanted to wish all my fellow homebrewers a Happy Thanksgiving.
The preparation started yesterday. Only having eight people here, so there shouldn't be too much bedlam.

Same to you Petey. Just her and I today so we decided steaks on the grill was was for thanksgiving dinner. I do however plan on making a sweet potato pie to help keep it a bit traditional. Lions-Packers game today!

Robar, I just put some beef jerky in the dehydrator as a little snack (three and a half pounds). As a kid it was the same menu every year. I've been trying to be a little different every Thanksgiving. Minor changes, a different; salad, stuffing, potatoes, etc.. Except for the things my wife likes. Those hafta stay.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well. I give thanks to all the farmers and purveyors of Hops Malt and Yeast (as God makes the water and I pump it out of the ground, I'm glad of that as well) -not to mention the sharing of some great recipes. Going to spend the day with the wife and family at my fathers' place (along with some fine-craft homebrew, of course). Pappy has smoked turkey since I was a baby, and perfected that recipe all these years (the beauty of it is, its actually fairly simple, the turkey comes out VERY juicy and tasty, and while I do it very well, his is still better). Anyway -I've added my own touch by basting a little with beer (who am I kidding? Of COURSE I added beer!).
Everyone have an excellent Thanksgiving and please be safe out there! There are many more lunatics than US out there! And many of them don't have our taste and appreciation for life!

More than merely appreciating our blessings, it is important to use them in a correct way. This only can truly determine as to how thankful we are. There is always something for which to be thankful for. May you enjoy all the simple pleasures this beautiful day has to offer. Happy Thanksgiving from my house to yours and especially to those who are working and away from their families today. Keep it safe and stuff the face!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Now off to get the duck ready for dinner. Just my wife and I so we usually do something different. Duck braised in a BDSA with leeks and dried cherries. Yum.

Here's to wishing you all a Blessed Thanksgiving! Enjoy the day with Family and Friends, and try not to eat too much turkey. :)

Thanksgiving.PNG

About the only thing I have to be thankful for is that we're all still here with a roof over our heads. No thanks to gove.ind. I got two IPA's to go with a huge 24lb+ southern stuffed turkey with all the traditional trimmings. Not to mention,caramelized brussel sprouts this year. Daughter is at her business in SoCal for a couple more weeks,& older son wants to do his own turkey day thing. He's def growing up & wanting to make his own tradditions to add to ours he has. That's def worthy of note here too,folks!

Oh yeah,I has drank 2 home brewed IPA's! Especially since retiree pay day was today!! HOORAH! Black friday shopping after some 10-20 years. Now if my 1st order from Midwest would get here,I'd have 3 fermenters for some hybrid lagers...Back in black!:ban::ban::ban:

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you all have a great day. Family, Football, Food and homebrew. It doesn't get much better than that...

Back