Quantcast

Happy so far with 2nd AG

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Things went very well today during my 2nd AG. I was patient, was given the time to do things right and I think it paid off. After a dismal 52% on the first, and dumping it all last week (it was NOT drinkable) I hit 67.5% today. And the taste into the carboy was more of what I expected.

One question though, it's REALLY cloudy going in the the carboy. Is that normal? I know it will clear up with time, just curious.

Thanks all.
:mug:

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It should clear up nicely. Hopefully, you got a really good cold break and noticed a lot of precipitate going in as well. congrats on a good brew day!

njnear76

Reaction score
Kilted Brewer said:
Things went very well today during my 2nd AG. I was patient, was given the time to do things right and I think it paid off. After a dismal 52% on the first, and dumping it all last week (it was NOT drinkable) I hit 67.5% today. And the taste into the carboy was more of what I expected.

One question though, it's REALLY cloudy going in the the carboy. Is that normal? I know it will clear up with time, just curious.

Thanks all.
:mug:
I got around 55-60% on my first AG. I just did my second AG and it was 80%. The only thing I changed was doing a 90 minute mash. I also used some 5.2ph stabalizer, but that was only because I have moderately hard water and I wanted to brew a blond.