happy father's day, beer-gods!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
we are all part of a new wave of old ways. real men in today's world are outdated and out of style. they are not, however hard to find. just look for the guy in the hardware store that looks like he just walked into disneyland and can't decide weather to look for mickey mouse or goofy. go to your friend's house who always gives you fresh tomatoes and herbs from his garden and watch the joy in his eyes as he hands you a brown paper bag full of earth's bounty.
if you can't find either of these men, just think of the "men" (boys) who are hiding in the shadows of iraqi cities wearing full beards and burying their hearts in their ruck sacks doing the dirty work that is necessary to keep this country and its principles safe and intact.
if you still don't get it, go to the local homebrew hobby store and strike up a conversation with a regular guy who has shrugged off the lazy, store-bought, dependant way of life that has afflicted society in this country for far too long. you will find that in his humble hobby, he has revived a milleniums old tradition of men taking what they had and making the best of it. he realized that he didn't need wal-mart to provide for him. he is a man and he can provide and care for his wife and children. we brew beer the same way that james madison and thomas jefferson and the vikings and the indians and the chinese did. they did it because they wanted to and because they could. we do it because we have the same drive and spirit that these great men did. this is the human spirit at its best.
on this father's day, i am drinking to the founding fathers who propogated the principals of freedom which the entire world would stop and admire, and also cooked beer and mead and did it in the way that thier fathers before them did. to all of the homebrewers and professionals, cheers and long live beer and the real men of this earth who love thier families and love our human way of life.:mug:

Yeah, Happy Father's Day to Dad's like me, who spent a good part of the day cleaning the garage. It would have went faster if the keezer didn't keep flashing her taps at me begging me to suck on her succulent nectar.

Why was Dad cleaning the garage on Father's Day? It needed to be done and it was nice to do it without many interruptions.

My (first) Father's Day was tremendous... Until the washer stopped mid-cycle and we had to hand-wring everything. This was at about 7pm last night when all I wanted was a hot shower, a cold draught beer, True Blood, and my big comfy chair. And now I am going washer shopping on my lunch break today. Nice to always have an auto-siphon on hand though!

SDC12410.jpg

SDC12409.jpg

SDC12415.jpg

Somehow on my father's day I wound up hemming drapes while my wife drank wine and talked on the phone. I distinctly thought "this is going to sound bad when I tell other people what I'm doing" as I did it.

Of course that was just part of the following fathers day weekend activities:

Seeing monsters vs aliens with our 2 1/2 yr old at a theater pub with good beer and comfy couches.

Taking my boy to the playground.

Going on a hike.

Grilling ribs and doing a full bbw dinner spread (jamaican jerk rubbed ribs, traditional bbq rubbed ribs, beans, coleslaw, grilled corn, fries, beer)

Having a steamed clam and champagne feast (clams steamed with chorizo, garlic, wine, and thai chilis).

More dad-son movie time.

Sleeping in and getting surprised with father's day presents. (3d sidewalk chalk and a pizza stone for the grill).

Cleaning the kitchen like 5 times and hemming drapes. (Housework doesn't go away on father's day!)

Overall it was pretty awesome.

Awesome, I spent my fathers day wiring in a 15 amp breaker into the basement for my kegerator, and built a picnic table from cedar for my deck.. among a few other smaller home improvement efforts. :rockin:

after , of course, attending my 5 yr olds kindergarden and wearing a paper crown and building crafts with him in the afternoon. :)

I spent mine in Seattle, so I didn't see my son much. However, we made a day of opening bottles of infected beer so it was a nice bonding experience. Phase 2 (the Bleach Holocaust) is today. My dad will be in town on Thursday, so we'll do our own Father's Day then!

I did some roofing ,electrical wiring and some masonary work in the back yard in preparation for my grandsons 1st birthday party next weekend... kid wont even remember it. But SWMBO and my daughter would never let me live it down if the yard wasn't done. I built a gezebo a full blown fireplace because a fire pit isnt good enough:mad: ... all new sod and a tumbled block retaining wall with lighted pillars .... got to eat something around 8 pm and take a shower ..God I wish I didnt know how to do this stuff so I could hire someone out

did I say fathers day sucked .....

Back