Happy Easter!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyzippers

Reaction score
Happy Easter yinz guys, from the 'Burgh! It's time to celebrate the Resurrection, eat kielbasa, ham, potato salad, and drink some awesome beers!

What's everyone else eating/drinking today?

Its a busy day for our household. Boy #1 is home, his girlfriend is visiting and Grandma and Grandpa are here. Triduum (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil) the last three nights. This morning is an Easter breakfast followed by worship and egg hunt for the little ones, plus I said I'd wash the dishes from breakfast.

At home this afternoon, we'll have a pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, roasted beets and green beans. Plus a wine I made with Merlot and Cabernet.

Boy #2 will be working this afternoon, for those whose Easter dinner includes a Wendy's Baconator.

Happy Easter all wife is recovering from surgery mother in-law is down with fresh Kielbasa, eggs, pancakes,hash browned potatoes, fruit smoothies. Ribs and mashed potatoes and rolls this evening and of course a wide range of homebrew.

That's a busy day Pappers! I have to thank my six year old daughter for dragging me out of bed at some insanely early hour of the morning after a late night at our Easter Vigil mass! I need some serous coffee!!

beaksnbeer said:
Happy Easter all wife is recovering from surgery mother in-law is down with fresh Kielbasa, eggs, pancakes,hash browned potatoes, fruit smoothies. Ribs and mashed potatoes and rolls this evening and of course a wide range of homebrew.

That sounds awesome! I'm coming to your house for lunch!

wow... never knew that kielbasa was an Easter tradition. is that just for your family? or a cultural thing? western PA?

whatever... it's AWESOME

and all y'all, enjoy your Easter!

GrogNerd said:
wow... never knew that kielbasa was an Easter tradition. is that just for your family? or a cultural thing? western PA?

whatever... it's AWESOME

and all y'all, enjoy your Easter!

I think it might have something to do with my family's polish/German heritage. And since there's such a large population of folks with the polish history, it's kind of become a 'burgh thing! I'm not sure about all of western PA, but I will say that the meat markets up north in Erie and Meadville can't keep the kielbasa in their coolers around this time of year! Ya gotta do the locally made stuff! I always get a pound of the beef jerky too! Awesome stuff!

beaksnbeer said:
Having an Irish-coffee latte while I am cooking, making a sweet mead this afternoon with 22lb of local orange blossom honey

You know, I've never had mead? Is it more like a wine?

I think it might have something to do with my family's polish/German heritage. And since there's such a large population of folks with the polish history, it's kind of become a 'burgh thing! I'm not sure about all of western PA, but I will say that the meat markets up north in Erie and Meadville can't keep the kielbasa in their coolers around this time of year! Ya gotta do the locally made stuff! I always get a pound of the beef jerky too! Awesome stuff!

<-- also Polish/German, English/Irish

no idea why I get the urge to brew?

GrogNerd said:
<-- also Polish/German, English/Irish

no idea why I get the urge to brew?

I just got the urge to make hash browns and bacon! Oh yeah! This is totally happening!

Had some grilled bison ribeyes, sweet potato fries, brussels sprouts & plenty of graf & brown ale. Beautiful day, nice & quiet.
Regards, GF.

gratus fermentatio said:
Had some grilled bison ribeyes, sweet potato fries, brussels sprouts & plenty of graf & brown ale. Beautiful day, nice & quiet.
Regards, GF.

Glad to hear it! That sounds like an awesome dinner as well!

Now, I've heard of Graf, but I don't have a clue what it is. Care to expand on that subject?

Didn't see this thread until Easter Monday! I "worked" the Triduum...I am a retired church musician who still plays for worship frequently. After our two Easter services, the wife made a late lunch of orange juice-glazed cornish hens [we cut the backbone out and baked them flat] with mushroom/wild rice and some wonderful asparagus. And the Oatmeal Stout was yummy!

Then, we got an email photo of our grandson holding a sign: "I'm going to be a Big Brother!" So, we had to celebrate all over again!

He is risen, indeed! Alleluia!

glenn514:mug:

glenn514 said:
Didn't see this thread until Easter Monday! I "worked" the Triduum...I am a retired church musician who still plays for worship frequently. After our two Easter services, the wife made a late lunch of orange juice-glazed cornish hens [we cut the backbone out and baked them flat] with mushroom/wild rice and some wonderful asparagus. And the Oatmeal Stout was yummy!

Then, we got an email photo of our grandson holding a sign: "I'm going to be a Big Brother!" So, we had to celebrate all over again!

He is risen, indeed! Alleluia!

glenn514:mug:

Glad to hear of another successful, awesome Easter celebration!!

Also, congratulations to your grandson and his family! What wonderful news!!

Back