Hanna PH Meter with TDS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase a PH meter and have been looking at the pHep5. I went on Amazon to purchase it and so the Hanna 98129, which looks like a pHep5 with a TDS meter in addition. I wanted to know if this would be of help with my mash. I just moved and the water at the new place is very different and all of my recipes are off now. It would be less than $30 more. Or, should I get a separate unit such as this for about the same amount of money? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VTQM70/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think TDS is going to really help. Its only going to tell you how many dissolved solids are in the water and that could be a number of different things. Your best bet would be to use that $30 and send a sample to ward labs that will tell you whats out of wack with the water. Also if your not set on a Hanna pH meter i picked up a milwaukee PH56 that has the same accuracy of +/- .05 and it only cost me $60 off ebay.

Back