Hank III

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
Anyone else here a Hank Williams III fan? I just put him in the cd player and poured another homebrew. Good drinkin' music. Drinkin', not drinking.:rockin:

Absolutely! I've got all his stuff. You know what he says...

He's here to put the c*** back in country and the d*** back in dixie!

Baron von BeeGee said:
I can dig some Tricephus. I'd love to catch one of his shows the next time he comes through town.

He plays here in Lincoln now and then, but I've missed it each time. The bar he plays at is pretty small, so it always sells out really fast.

Well he doesn't come here-- still love him!

Also for dynasty- Love Shooter Jennings too

Oh and love best Drag the River, from the alt county category

"One Hank" you really believe that?? Hank Jr and Hank III are great artist and musicians. If you don't believe that listen to "Grand Ol' Opry" Hank III and "Family Traditions" Hank Jr. Don't get me wrong in the 5 years Hank Sr was producing music, he did a great job. But really Hank Sr. has been around for 3 almost 4 decades, not measuring up?? Hank III a star, Hank Jr a legend, Hank Sr. a GOD!!!

If you like Hank the Third check out The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Its a dickhouse production (johnny knoxville) its on netflix. Its got a lot of great songs featuring Hank with The Dancing Outlaw (lol declared in the film the most famous person in WV) and also features his entire crazy white trash family. Hilarous and disturbing I live in the ozark mountains and i grew up podunk and wouldnt have it any other way but these people are Straight Trash!

Hilarous and disturbing I live in the ozark mountains and i grew up podunk and wouldnt have it any other way but these people are Straight Trash!

Trash you say? How about happy and thankful to live the way they want, instead of what "Hollywood" or "The Norm" thinks is trash.... Obviously the Ozarks didn't teach you anything about living. Not trying to be an A$$ but damn man, these people are the most grateful and friendly people on earth and we can/should learn something from them. Let's have a beer !:mug:

Saw him when he was here in December, super small show I was right at the gate and A**jack ruled too!

Love me some Hank III!

Trash you say? How about happy and thankful to live the way they want, instead of what "Hollywood" or "The Norm" thinks is trash.... Obviously the Ozarks didn't teach you anything about living. Not trying to be an A$$ but damn man, these people are the most grateful and friendly people on earth and we can/should learn something from them. Let's have a beer !:mug:

Obviously you didn't watch the movie he was talking about. It's about ONE family in West Virginia, Educate yourself.

The Second Whites movie on netflix was amazing. Jesco's sisters are amazing.

Are you talking 'White Lightnin'? That one is crazy ass movie. And the sisters are F'n CRAZY.

Ugh. Assjack.

Big fan of HankIII, not a fan at all of Assjack.

Yeah the Hank III country is much better than his metal, but I hate metal so I'm bias.

I saw him play in Fort Collins in 2006. Truly wild show, with a portion of the audience something like country meets metal meets grunge meets meth lab. I would do a Venn diagram if I had the time.

Hell of a show. All I could think of to call it was "acid country." Turns out that's a name for a different genre. Anyway, if Willie Nelson, Ken Kesey, and Henry Rollins merged into one person, that person might produce music like Hank III's.

I was not talking about your normal self reliant hardworking west virginians. Maybe you should watch the movie before you defend somebody. lmao

Every once in awhile Hank III comes across my pandora and I skip it about 95% of the time.

I much prefer his father/granddaddy.
:mug::mug:

Sometimes he has an ok tune though.

Went to his show in Eugene and had a blast. I would never listen to Assjack on my stereo but I actually liked how the show progressed from twang to rockabilly to crazy-ass metal.

Seeing the strange progression made it kind of fun. The crowd was quite a site to behold.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-x1ATC5Io9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hank III has a new album out, 3 actually. Anyway Ghost to a Ghost is an awesome song, the heavy metal vocals in the chorus really add to mood of the song.

Back