Hangover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not I. the hangovers that disable me are from wine. I can get through a whiskey/rum/beer/vodka hangover just fine, but those wine ones are a killer.

If you're fermenting hot your yeasts can kick off fusel alcohols which can really amp up hangovers. If you ferment in the proper temperature range and let the beer sit in primary for a decent period to clean up much of that can go away.

Yeah, I vote for homebrew hangovers not being as bad myself. But like Thunder Chicken says if you ferment too hot fusel alcohols can become a problem.

+1 on nasty fusel alcohol hangovers. Otherwise, they're not so bad, because of the vitamins in the yeast that I don't filter out.

I'd say the same, but one thing I would say, if you take out of fermenter too quickly can be evil

its all the same with me, no matter what alcohol causes it. if I drink enough water, no hangover. not enough water, hangover. doesn't make a difference if its home brewed beer,commercial beer, wine, liquor or any combination, I get the exact same hangover.

Like Hogarthe I have a cut-off point on all alcohol. If I stay below that limit I don't get a hangover. If I go over it I get a hangover. Doesn't matter if it's homebrew, craft beer, hard liquor, etc... I can tell if I'm going over that fine line by the buzz I have.

Billy-Klubb said:
not I. the hangovers that disable me are from wine. I can get through a whiskey/rum/beer/vodka hangover just fine, but those wine ones are a killer.

I am the same way, I can just have a couple glasses of wine and the next morning I can feel it.

Back