Hangover :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
I noticed that the most recent beer I drank gives me a mighty mighty hangover the next day. It came out to be only %5 abv and I can ussually have a good drinking session of %5 beers with out any ill effect the next day.

What could be causing my beer to produce a nasty hangover?

Thanks

Fusel alcohols caused by warm fermentation temperatures . . . is my guess.

Or . . . it is such a good beer that you are drinking more of it.

Or . . . you have made other lifestyle changes in diet or water intake, etc.

I am no doctor, but might i suggest puss-i-tis?

This rare form of affliction can be triggered by age or even sometimes marriage.

j/k:)

I would recommend trying again and again until you can manage to just get it right. Once you find your comfort zone, work hard to push yourself further. Never rest on your laurels. :drunk:

Don't smoke, drink good beer, pace yourself, beware "the wake" (the fact that you're actually behind by 2-3 drinks), and don't over-indulge.

I go for water 16oz or so and four asprins before bed after a good night of drinking. Then a gatorade and a shower in the morning. Works more times than not. Plus like cheesefood said not smoking helps a lot too!!!

Have some salty snacks handy for your hangover recovery. You pass a lot of your body's salts when drinking, and you need to replace them.

Cheesefood... your 'Caramel Cream Ale #1' sounds damn good! I'll have to give that recipe a try! Would you recommend it to a beginner?

I read somewhere that if you have a really good blow off that removes a lot of the excepients from your beer that causes hangovers. Anyone what to second that or refute it I'd be interested to hear your comments.

nkonkle said:
I read somewhere that if you have a really good blow off that removes a lot of the excepients from your beer that causes hangovers. Anyone what to second that or refute it I'd be interested to hear your comments.
The new complete joy of home brewing 2nd edition by Charlie papazian pg 136 or pg 333
"THE B COMPLEX"

Back