Hanging hop lamp for my bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm building a bar in my home. The last piece to buy (besides granite) is the lamp to hang over it. What do you all think of this one? It's on its way from Lithuania now :) I think it looks quite a bit like a hop bud. Bar is inching forward (involved in outdoor projects ATM), but when done I'll get some pics up. Also need to build the tap chiller (glycol cooled frosted cobra).

1627001612595.png

What kind of wood is that? I'm curious what other finishes you're looking at in the bar area.
I finished my keezer a few weeks ago and picked redwood (stained with an "English walnut") and a white oak trim with just polyurethane (no stain).
Maybe just for fun sub in a green lightbulb?? 😁

Too bad it's not green, but that would make all your beers look green. 😛

There are a lot of options for stain color. See link above. I chose one that looks light because my floors are maple and the wood cabinetry of my bar will be maple.

What kind of wood is that? I'm curious what other finishes you're looking at in the bar area.
I finished my keezer a few weeks ago and picked redwood (stained with an "English walnut") and a white oak trim with just polyurethane (no stain).
Maybe just for fun sub in a green lightbulb?? 😁

The wood is birch. I'm not using a keezer. I've got an under-counter cooler for the kegs, and a cobra tap that will come out of the granite counter. I also have a under-counter beverage fridge for wine and canned beer, etc. The cabinet front will be maple and the counter will be "Crema Bordeaux" granite, same as we have in our kitchen. If you click that link above, you can get a better look at the wood and grain. I don't expect to have it hanging for a couple more weeks, but then I'll post a pic of the real thing. Fingers crossed.

Jokes aside, great lamp. Maybe a green bulb?

Yea maybe. I put some retro led bulb in there with a low Kelvin rating (i.e., orange incandescent look). It's not as orange as it looks, that's my phone I think. Or my eye's white balance making it look normal.

I've got to get into the attic and put a hanger and junction box for it next weekend, then tie into the nearest circuit. But I should have it hanging in a week.

Yea maybe. I put some retro led bulb in there with a low Kelvin rating (i.e., orange incandescent look). It's not as orange as it looks, that's my phone I think. Or my eye's white balance making it look normal.

I've got to get into the attic and put a hanger and junction box for it next weekend, then tie into the nearest circuit. But I should have it hanging in a week.

Either way, looks dope.

It's been a summer of outdoor projects, so this lamp has been collecting dust for a couple of months. Finally got it hung yesterday - climbed up in the attic and connected to electric. Looks GREAT, better than I had hoped. The right bulb is important. I go with LED, but throughout my house I go with the traditional "incandescent" amber color. The bulb I used for this I got from Batteries Plus. They sell some sweet retro LED bulbs that give an amber glow. The mess on the wall is water and drain for the glass rinser.

1633392120128.png

I'm building a bar in my home. The last piece to buy (besides granite) is the lamp to hang over it. What do you all think of this one? It's on its way from Lithuania now :) I think it looks quite a bit like a hop bud. Bar is inching forward (involved in outdoor projects ATM), but when done I'll get some pics up. Also need to build the tap chiller (glycol cooled frosted cobra).

View attachment 736488
I have always been told to stay away from Brown Hops

Wife and I were out looking for new couch and came across a 3-globe light that looked very similar to the lamp above. Lady said it didn't work and needed to be rewired. Retail, $500 (ripoff), she sold it to us for $80. Turns out that the bulbs were dead haha.

In pic below, you can see my bar light in the back left of the room. Still haven't built my bar back there yet, but this lamp is a near-perfect match.

1636338555171.png

Back