Handling Multiple Fermenters in One Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazer Wolf Brewing

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new brewer here with 2 brews under my belt. I need advice on how to manage the temperatures of both brews in my fermentation chamber.

Brew #1: Zombie Dust Clone, brewed on 1/11. Using WLP002. Has been at around 68* (fermometer) for the entire fermentation, got up to 70 at one point. Is now at 66*.

Brew#2: Zombie Dust Clone, brewed on 1/17. Also using WLP002. Currently running a little hot at 72*.

Here is my dilemma. I'm using a coca cola refrigerator with a dual stage ranco and a small heater. If I let the fridge cool down Brew#2 to within the suggested range of 65-70*, Brew#1 will get cooled as well and potentially drop out of the optimal range. And vice versa. Since I want brew 1 to be in the high range as fermentation is slowing down, that means Brew#2 which is already above the range, will go higher. For now, I took Brew#2 out of the chamber and left it outside (ambient temp is low 60s), and turned up the heater for brew#1 inside the chamber. I don't think ambient temp is going to bring down brew#2 though.

So my questions:
1. How do you manage multiple fermentations that are all at different stages and temperatures?
2. Will this extra few degrees above range hurt brew #2?
3. What would you guys do in my situation?

Thank you as always for all the incredible insight.

I would suggest you buy some reptile tap that you can wrap around you warmest fermentation brew and then set your fridge to the lowest fermentation temperature. I'm pretty sure there are sim really nice fermentation builds on the site ( I believe there is one by Haucho).

I believe you will need another temperature controller to get the precision you are aiming for.

Back