• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Handle for Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vallonswayla

Reaction score
I want to crank! I assume the handles for most of these mills are interchangeable, I bought my mill secondhand and it didn’t come with a handle. I know I can use a drill but I’m doing small batches and would prefer to hand crank it.

I’ve got one I could sell. It’s for a monster mill. I’d have to look up what shipping would cost. The item is probably cheap enough that buying new with free shipping would run about the same as what you’ll find it here for.

Let me know if you want me to run some numbers.

Well, the only handle I have been able to find online is sold for about $40! Thats almost half as much as a whole mill! I could stomach $20 or so.

Yeah, but 20 plus shipping doesn’t put you far off the new price.

I’d sell mine for 20 and let you know what shipping would be if you’re interested.

PM me your zip code if you’re up for it.

I was thinking $20-$25 would cover shipping too. No big deal either way, just figured sometimes brewers have these pieces laying around that they have no use for.

Might be helpful to identify your mill, just incase it is not one size fits all.

I have a cereal killer that I power with a drill. I had two batteries go flat during my last milling session and had worried about having to dig out the hand crank but luckily the last battery worked.

I have had issues with dumping in grain then starting the drill where the mill does not pull grain thru the mill but just flows over the free spinning roller. I solved the problem by easing grain into the mill with drilling running them pour in the rest once the grain grabs. I am not sure if this is an issue with using a hand crank but I dont think I could hand crank and feed grain at the same time(could be a personal problem).

If you hard set on a hand crank might be able to build one out of wood or McGilvery something with a vise grip or a wrench.

Back