Hampton VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbarrm

Reaction score
Going to Hampton VA for a week starting Sunday for work. Was wondering if anyone new of any good paces to go to taste the local home/micro brew.

Dan

St. George is the local microbrewery. If you feel like driving to Williamsburg, Williamsburg AleWerks is great. There's also a good nano-brewery in Va Beach, Beach Brewing.

Along with the above mentioned. There is Oconnor brewing in VA Beach, but I'm not sure if they do tours.

Williamsburg also has a pretty good beer bar, The Green Leafe. You should find a lot of offerings not seen in SW FL (my folks are in N. Ft. Myers). There are two locations, the Scotland Rd locale has 30 taps and better atmosphere. The New Town locale has 60 taps but is a little more soulless IMO.

Norfolk has a great beer bar that has just opened in the past year. The Birch. A lot of rare beers on tap that you'll probably only see once in your life.

Oh BTW, Alewerks has just released this year's Bourbon Barrel Porter. Definitely worth seeking out. I had a sample off the barrel a couple of months ago. Tasty!!!

Back