Halp!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguescotbrewing

Reaction score
Ok. 40+ year old Beverage Air BM-23 has been chugging along, no gripes. Finally get gas bottle, a keg... we're in business! Untill a couple of days ago. She started whining and squealing... and I promptly unplugged her for several hours. Plugged back in, it whirred and sounded normal, was cooling normally... until sometime early this AM when wife had to pull the plug again. As of 2100 on 4 Sept., it was behaving. So, the question to the Peanut Gallery is; compressor or condenser fan motor going TANGO UNIFORM? I suspect the fan motor, because the overload doesn't always trip... but I'm not the expert.

Swapping a fan motor, I can do. Compressor? Not so much. Will try the easier (and cheaper) fix first. Would wager that it's probably the original motor and compressor, and they're older than me by five months! ;)

@roguescotbrewing. Based on your terminology (which I don't hear used in the civilian sector,) it sounds like you're former military. If so, thanks for your service! Ed
:mug:

Swapping a fan motor, I can do. Compressor? Not so much. Will try the easier (and cheaper) fix first. Would wager that it's probably the original motor and compressor, and they're older than me by five months! ;)

Which makes it a couple decades+ younger than me ;)

You'll need to do it eventually, but if you can track down the wire to the condenser fan and it's something you can reach while the unit is running, you could wait 'til the squealing starts and disconnect the fan...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back