Halloween costumes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is planning a Halloween party fundraiser for her charity next week and I have no idea what to wear. I love Halloween, but I don't really dress up. I'm sure some of you guys are dressing up and doing something. I need some suggestions. Something simple would be great.

You might find these useful:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0L1ko6stDA[/ame]
And:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJqZV8jZjE[/ame]
Regards, GF.

I bought a cheap Policeman costume a few years back. Accentuated with my Handie-Talkie radio and a Black Powder revolver. Got lots of comments from the ladies. I guess it's a secret wish of many ladies to be handcuffed and frisked.

Next year I bought a costume of a old-timey barkeep. Vest, moustache, etc. That was even better, because to complete the outfit I carried around a mug of beer, and kept a bottle in my pocket to top it off. None of the police I encountered bothered to check my beer for authenticity. Probably the most fun I've had taking the kids trick-or-treating.

I did a steampunk costume a few years ago. Was pretty simple. Took a pinstripe suit I had (or get one at goodwill), put a mad-hatter type tophat, some welding goggles around the hat, then a gun-belt with a Nerf-gun. wear some motorcycle boots. I had actually made up some leather spats, but they can be bought as well. If I did it again I would likely change how I did that to a pair of engineer-style boots and tuck my suit pants into the boots.

Round it out with some small detail items, I had a vest which I hung a monocle, then a pocket watch.
It's better if you can get the SWMBO to go along with it and dress up with. Mine did a flowing gown, corset, had a gunbelt with nerf gun and some riding boots. Was a fun thing to do.

Easiest is the Clark Kent. Get a Superman T-shirt from Target or where ever, wear it under a white dress shirt with the top 4 buttons open, a loosened tie and glasses (cheap, senseless costume glasses if you don't wear actual glasses). total investment maybe 20 dollars and 10 minutes.

I went as a giant pill bottle one year. Bought a Brute trash can, cut the bottom out, cut a hole for your head and arms, spray paint the side wall orange, spray paint the lid white. The finishing touch was the labels. I used Power Point to create them and printed them at work on the large scale plotter. A few hits with the glue stick, and suddenly I was Love Potion #9. My wife went as a doctor.

Halloween Love Potion.jpg

Easiest is the Clark Kent. Get a Superman T-shirt from Target or where ever, wear it under a white dress shirt with the top 4 buttons open, a loosened tie and glasses (cheap, senseless costume glasses if you don't wear actual glasses). total investment maybe 20 dollars and 10 minutes.

Jesus, Were you at our party last year. :D That what I was. I wore a suit with the superman t-shirt underneath a little unbuttoned. With glasses. Can't get much simpler than that.

Back