Halloween Brew Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
It's that time of the year again... typically I grab my standard "safe" beer Sam Adams Octoberfest, but this year I'm looking to try something new.

Any suggestions on a good Halloween brew?

p.s. I haven't been on here in ages, what's new?

Everyone seems to flock to SA's Oktoberfest. Maybe I'm a nut, but I just don't care for it.

As for new beers.... if you like pumpkin ales, those would be a good spot to start for halloween. Dogfish has one, and Southern Tiers Pumpkin King is incredible. I think it's called pumpkin king.

Try very hard to find Southern Tier's Imperial Pumpking, but Hobgoblin is also a great brew; tastes even more amazing and complex if you let it age a long time.

Well, I dont think anything will be ready by Holloween, but you might try an English Mild or Pumkin ale.

Isn't Hobgoblin a year round beer? I can usually find it at around without a problem. It's also a goblin of the hob variety on the front, not a witch.

Meaty, I believe Hobgoblin is out of the UK.

Nasferatu by Great Lakes Brewing. Had some last year at a Halloween party and I REALLY like this beer. Very tasty, plus a great label. Its seasonal so find some fast.

Isn't Hobgoblin a year round beer? I can usually find it at around without a problem. It's also a goblin of the hob variety on the front, not a witch.

Meaty, I believe Hobgoblin is out of the UK.

It is a year-round beer. It's still a good Halloween beer. It has a hobgoblin on the label, but witches on the actual bottle and the neck label.
hobgoblin.jpg

Cool cap too.
cap.jpg

These are my favorite bottles to bottle my homebrew as well. Great dark, heavy bottles.

One of my favorite bottles to use in homebrewing is the Young's bottles. I usually get their DC Stout once every few months, so I've collected about a 12 pack now.

Back