Hallertauer Pellet Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster Mash said:
To keep the costs down I resorted to child labor to get them packed up for shipping...

I was going to say that those kids are probably loving measuring and packing those, then I thought, hell I'd love to do that with 100 lbs of hops!! Dude, tell me you have some left... I'm in for 2!!

Just got my package from brown santa. The hops look great! thanks for the quick shipment. Can't wait to brew another batch of my belgian wit with these. Of course with a pound I should be good for a good 8 batches. :mug:

Someone looking for a tradition recipe? I am going to use them for my Bell's IPA clone. They use centennial, but i plan on using these to gain a little more flavor.

I'm also going to use them for a fruit/wheat beer hybrid that I am going to experiment with. I just need to modify a 5 gallon batch recipe into a 1 gallon.

Mash, hops will be here Tuesday. I cannot wait until they get here!

I want to thank you guys for clearing my freezer(s) of all those hops. They are all gone except for the few pounds that I'm keeping. I managed to move 100lbs of hops in less then 2 weeks. It will probably be another year before I get any more but I'll let you all know and I'll make the same deal, a pound of hops for the price of shipping.

Got mine today. I thank you sir. I wish i could brew tomorrow, alas I have a draft party tomorrow. I hope the raiders do the right thing( draft a quarterback)

I received my shipment yesterday. Now I'm getting ready to head to the lhbs.

I think I'm going to brew two batches of Lawnmower Ale, for a big party, and one batch of Edger Ale. The Edger will follow the same very basic recipe as the Lawnmower but with a higher IBU. These are to be brewed for the BMC drinkers at the party and they will be able to compare what identical recipes, except for the additional hops will taste like.

Thanks again Monster. :mug:

Monster Mash said:
They are all gone except for the few pounds that I'm keeping. I managed to move 100lbs of hops in less then 2 weeks. It will probably be another year before I get any more but I'll let you all know and I'll make the same deal, a pound of hops for the price of shipping.

Quoted out of context.... people might start calling you "Scarface"!
Hops eh?.. suuuuuuuure.... ;)

Now we need to see some recipes for all of these hops!! How about a Hallertauer 90 Minute IPA? or a 100 IBU European Lager!!

ok, for you hop hogs who are hording all the hallatauer.....

anyone want to part with 5-6 ounces?

Thanks Mash, wife brought them in last night and I opened the box when I got back from the pub! Looks good.

As for a recipe for these bad boys, I made a DIPA recipe:

90 min Tradtion DIPA
Imperial IPA

Type: Extract
Date: 5/2/2007
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Brewer: Sam Huff
Boil Size: 4.29 gal
Boil Time: 90 min
Equipment: Brew Pot (5 Gallon)
Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0

Ingredients

Amount----------------Item Type----------------------------------------% or IBU
6 lbs--------------Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM)------------Dry Extract 53.1 %
3 lbs 4.8 oz------Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM)-------------------Dry Extract 29.2 %
1 lbs---------------Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)----------------Grain 8.8 %
1 lbs---------------Caramel/Crystal Malt - 30L (30.0 SRM)----Grain 8.8 %
2.00 oz------------Tradition [6.00%] (90 min)------------------Hops 28.9 IBU
2.00 oz -----------Tradition [6.00%] (60 min) ------------------Hops 27.1 IBU
1.00 oz -----------Tradition [6.00%] (45 min) ------------------Hops 12.4 IBU
1.00 oz -----------Tradition [6.00%] (30 min) ------------------Hops 10.4 IBU
1.00 oz -----------Tradition [6.00%] (15 min) ------------------Hops 6.7 IBU
1.00 oz -----------Tradition [6.00%] (5 min)-------------------- Hops 2.7 IBU

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.083 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.021 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 8.1 %
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.6 %
Bitterness: 88.2 IBU
Calories: 43 cal/pint
Est Color: 9.7 SRM
Color: Color

Mash Profile

Mash Name: None Total Grain Weight: 10.00 lb
Sparge Water: - Grain Temperature: -
Sparge Temperature: - TunTemperature: -
Adjust Temp for Equipment: FALSE Mash PH: -

Mash Notes: -
Carbonation and Storage

Carbonation Type: Corn Sugar
Volumes of CO2: 2.4
Pressure/Weight: 3.8 oz
Carbonation Used: -
Keg/Bottling Temperature: 60.0 F
Age for: 28.0 days
Storage Temperature: 70.0 F

Notes

I have used hallertauer in my american spiced wheat beer with very good results.

Shame I didn't get in on this deal but props to Monster Mash for sharing the wealth!

Back