Hallertau Nugget?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badlee

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience brewing with Hallertau Nugget by any chance?

I just saw them over here in Thailand and they are cheap( 180Baht for 2oz) and thought I would give them a try.
Cheers

seems to me like its not very hallertauish "fruity, sugar-like, mint, pineapple"

Hallertau is a cultivar. Hallertauer is a descriptor of where it was grown. If what you all are saying is true, I believe the correct descriptor should be "Nugget Hallertauer", not anything else, meaning that it is Nugget grown in the Hallertauer region.

I don't think you can reasonably expect a Thai LHBS to be familiar with the finer points of the declension of German adjectives! We know what they mean, in the same way everyone knew what Ich bin ein Berliner was trying to say. Hell, some of the biggest US companies still get it wrong with things like "Suffolk County" wherever that is, and many still haven't worked out that East Kent Goldings is a "thing" but Kent Goldings probably isn't and Styrian Goldings definitely isn't.

I would assume these are ordinary Nugget grown in Germany, which means they will have a slightly different biochemical profile. Mind you, the Germans don't exactly help matters with the way they name their new varieties.

I also thought that it was a mistake and contacted the shop.
Not a mistake, and I had to search in German to find anything out at all, and what I did find out did not sound overly nice.
I had hoped that it would be a high alpha version of Mittelfruh or something like that

Back