Hall of Fame Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley-Davidson

Reaction score
I'm packing a bag tonight and heading up to Cooperstown in the morning. Plan to tour Ommegang, and if time allows also Cooperstown Brewing (brewers of Old Slugger).

Should be crowded this year with Ripken and Gwynn being inducted, although I’m going to spend more time fishing (and drinking) than anything else. :tank:

If I’m able to get any good pics I’ll post ‘em next week.
:mug:

Spinning, mostly hard baits and spinners with an occasional jig.
Me and 4 or 5 buddies stay at a cabin with a private pond, belongs to a friend of a friend. Very little fishing pressure on the pond, so unless a cold front passes through the fishing’s always good. :D

Yeah, spinning is what I do 98% of the time now, I used to tie my own flies and all that but it's very time consuming and I usually got better results from store bought flies, that and people looked at me funny when I would cut the tails off of road kill for the fur...

Cooperstown is on my short list of places to see, I figure from where I live I can do the basketball HOF and Cooperstown in a weekend, though I may need to add an extra day for the Ommegang tour now...

Depending on how long you want to spend at the HOF you could probably do both in a weekend.
Aside from the baseball tourist stuff you expect, there's also a bunch of "Last of the Mohicans" memorabilia around. James Fenimore Cooper grew up there, and Cooperstown is named after his father.

The wife and I try to get out to Cooperstown every few years. Been to the James Fenimore Cooper Museum, the Farmers Museum and the Vette museum(don't know if thats still there) Been to Cooperstown Brewery but not Ommegang, hoping to hit that next time we go.

Now that sounds like an awesome trip. I really need to get to Cooperstown some time. Prolly not on induction weekend, but sometime.

Ize

there's not much to Cooperstown Brewery unless things have changed in the last few years...

Cal Ripken is a whore. (if you watch commercial breaks in VA, you know what I mean). Is there anything that man won't try to sell?

One of my wife's friends lives out in the area, so we're going to take a trip to visit and along the way stop in at Ommegang. Not sure when we'll make it, though, maybe some weekend in the fall.

Back