Half Million Posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I see we reached the milestone of 500k posts! Valid content or just a whole lots of post whoring?

:mug:

TxBrew said:
I see we reached the milestone of 500k posts! Valid content or just a whole lots of post whoring?

:mug:

Well, in our own defense, it was QUALITY mindless blathering.

No one here post whores, boss.

Never, I swear.

Just out of curiosity, Tx, how many of those posts have come in the last 12 months? It seems that just in the short time that I've been actively posting that the last 6 months have seen quite an increase in both members and posts.

Someone say post whore?

Top dog should have to wear the badge of honor.

I belong to a similar site (different subject matter) with nearly twice the members. They post a whole lot less. That is a bad thing.

I posted a problem I was having on that site, and recieved little to no response.

I intentionally posted the same question on this site, completely unrelated to brewing, and got many helpful responses.

People here are happy to good naturedly make you feel stupid, or laugh with you, or at least say" I have no idea how to help you, but I hope it works out!".

The community here is incredible. No joke.

the_bird said:
David has me beat in posts, but he's always, you know, ANSWERING A GODDAMM QUESTION. Does that mean that I'm king?

Yeah, that David, always answering questions in an intelligent articulate way and never babbling just to hear himself talk. I hate that! :rockin:

david_42 said:
Once a philosopher. twice a post-whore. To paraphrase Voltaire.

I just spit my coffee out! I've never heard that particular quote paraphrased that way before. I like it just as much as the original!

Is it ok if I steal if for my signature sometime?

No problem. There seems to be some dispute as to the exact text and context of the original.

cheezydemon said:
I intentionally posted the same question on this site, completely unrelated to brewing, and got many helpful responses.

I do that all the time. You guys are my buds. After having a look at the thread where we list our occupation, I've come to the realization that we have at least one of each here. Can't hurt to ask. Most people are happy to share information related to their profession. That's part of why we hit half a million.

Back