Quantcast

Half-assed Beer Dispensing

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jester369

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
164
Location
Vermont
So, I haven't had any time to put in on the Keezer™, but I needed to serve up some suds for a pool tournament I was hosting. Here is the uglyness that followed:



2 2x4 pieces, and some spare pipe insulation. Looked bad, worked great! I just drilled a beerline sized hole in the lid where I will eventually be cutting a larger opening for the tap box.
 

Soulive

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
4,266
Reaction score
27
Location
The Middle of NJ
Jester369 said:
Guilty as charged :p
I'm getting the Keurig for Christmas. Can't wait to pump mine full of Green Mountain Coffee. Nice draft solution btw :rockin:
 

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
20,968
Reaction score
594
Location
Adams, MA
Soulive21 said:
I'm getting the Keurig for Christmas. Can't wait to pump mine full of Green Mountain Coffee.
Bossman bought us one for the office, it :rockin:

C'mon, tell me you're impressed I knew your coffee machine by the goddamn drip tray!
 

MrShake

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
1,313
Reaction score
14
Bobby_M said:
I like the packing tape anchoring system. Hey, it's better than the cardboard box in the fridge system we've seen.

Whats wrong with my cardboard box in the fridge?!?!?!
 

RadicalEd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
741
Reaction score
15
Seriously, that looks freaking awesome. I've always been a wood man, myself. Trade 6 of those in a row for a tower any day of the week, especially if you get to pocket the difference :D.
 

SAS98M

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
234
Reaction score
1
Location
N.E.PA.
Fella, I just love the practicality of that thing....From a guys stand point it looks great-no frills just a down and dirty beer tap that functions as one should. If You get real creative you could line the keezer top with all different styles of tap set-ups (the sky's the limit when you're homebrewin') Shane

Best part is seeing that Perlick on the 2x4-It's priceless.....
 

Chriso

Broken Robot Brewing Co.
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
4,621
Reaction score
87
Location
Someplace
the_bird said:
Bossman bought us one for the office, it :rockin:

C'mon, tell me you're impressed I knew your coffee machine by the goddamn drip tray!
I am impressed, but I recognized it too - We've had our K Cup system for about a year now at work, and it indeed rocks. The Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream is so good that I still think they contracted Cheese for flavor consultation. :D

Nice work on the tap, Erik, I can only hope that my FINAL product looks that good. Your craftsmanship is top notch and the plans for the keezer coffin look phenomenal.
 

buckrogers71

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern NJ
Jester, I dont mean to threadjack, but could you tell me how you run your tournament? I do one, and I wanted to see if it was similar to mine or completely different. If so, would you be willing to swap rules?

Thanks

BTW, that meister looks awesome. a great conversation piece!
 
OP
Jester369

Jester369

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
164
Location
Vermont
buckrogers71 said:
Jester, I dont mean to threadjack, but could you tell me how you run your tournament? I do one, and I wanted to see if it was similar to mine or completely different. If so, would you be willing to swap rules?
We were playing 9 ball to standard BCA rules, and for the tournament, we did a double elimination tree with each match being best of 3. Final match was best of 5. Each match, first break was determined by lagging, and winner would break for each subsequent game in a match. That's pretty much it! :mug:
 

buckrogers71

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern NJ
Jester369 said:
We were playing 9 ball to standard BCA rules, and for the tournament, we did a double elimination tree with each match being best of 3. Final match was best of 5. Each match, first break was determined by lagging, and winner would break for each subsequent game in a match. That's pretty much it! :mug:
Gotcha. We do a game that works for those who rarely play. I'd be happy to tell you about it if you'd like. Its 8 ball w/ partners but your partner constantly changes.
 
Top