Hair of the Dog dock sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
For those of you in the Portland Oregon area. Saturday, November 11 is the date for Hair of the Dog Brewing Companies annual dock sale. If you've never gone, this is a great event. They open up the brewery in SE Portland at 10:00AM (I've gotten there as early as 9:00 in the past and people were already loading up there trunks). Discounts on all case sales, Magnums, Jereboams, etc. They also open up the taps for sampling. I plan on heading down from Seattle Friday night so that I can get to the brewery early on Saturday. If you're close, don't miss this event. I've gotten some great beers in the past including Adam Batch #1.

Great beer, but the ABV's are so high on most of them even 12 oz. is a chore:cross: . The Brew Crew had a meeting there last month & nothing on tap was under 7.5%! This is a problem with a 90 minute drive home. I may go anyway, there's a house re-warming party nearby a bit later.

Great beer, but the ABV's are so high on most of them even 12 oz. is a chore

Yea, Hair of the Dog ruined me when I went down for OBF a couple of years ago. It was 105 degrees that year and we were at HOTD drinking "Dave" in the cooler. Dave clocks in at a wopping 29% and is aged in Bourbon barrels. I don't think Alan has bottled any of it and that might be the only barrel. Not sure. But I agree, you have to be careful when visiting this brewery. I'm staying at the Edgefield Saturday Night. I'll probably check in early and cab it down there.

Back