Haier or Kegco 3-tap kegerator owners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richl025

BIAB brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love some of the keezer builds I see here but it will be a few years before I can donate the time to build my own, in the interim I really want to start kegging, though, and have been looking at commercial kegerators.

Beverage Connection sells Haier and Kegco triple-tap kegerators for similar prices - I've seen some people here talk about the Haiers in general - can any owners of those two brands comment on how happy they are?

And can you fit 3 corny kegs and a CO2 tank easily inside them? What size CO2 tank, 5 or 10?

Any other brands I should be looking at besides those two?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I have a Haier and I can fit (3) 5 gallon ball lock cornies with a 5 lb CO2 tank on the hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have a Haier 2 tap that stays out in the garage, and have had no issues with it. I bought it off CL for $75; and then put another $100 or so in it to convert it to a corny keg (2) tap setup. The only issue I have is the cold plate in the back getting covered in ice, but I think that's because of the high humidity/heat in the GA summers, as I've had limited icing this winter. I've posted some links to threads that I've started or helped people with the Haier brand below for ya to get more info.

Also, why not search CL for a deal? A few weeks ago I bought a Bev-Air with (2) ball lock cornies, keggle, 5 lb aluminum tank, and micromatic regulator for $315 delivered. It was made in 1969, but works like a champ!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/my-75-craigslist-find-417491/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haier-kegerator-compressor-427528/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haier-kegerator-447941/

I hope this helps, and let me know if I can help further!

I'm eyeing the Kegco 3-tap myself. There are a couple vocal customers online who have had issues with a "popping" sound, and that concerns me a little. Hard to tell if they're overreacting or if there's a real issue. I'm fine if it's a little loud, but I'm not okay if I can hear it throughout the house.

Also, why not search CL for a deal?
I've been following CL for months. Maybe it's different in other cities, but here, the options are very limited. I need something that will fit in a finished basement, and I think it's probably beyond my skill level to do something myself (and if not, I'd still spend more in tools to make it than I would have to have a prefab one).

Most of what I've found on CL have been dirty old refrigerators that don't meet my needs, anyhow (I'd really like 3 on tap).

Monkeybox - I'm in exactly the same boat with regards to craigslist... Plus mine is not going in a basement, but will probably go into a living room, so the wife must approve of the design <g>. No rusty dorm-room fridge-conversions for me...

Monkeybox - I'm in exactly the same boat with regards to craigslist... Plus mine is not going in a basement, but will probably go into a living room, so the wife must approve of the design <g>. No rusty dorm-room fridge-conversions for me...

I totally understand that! I know how the CL thing goes with brewing equip here...there isn't much that comes on the market in GA, and when it does; it is gone quick! I guess I got lucky with my (2) finds; both are ready made kegerators and look great for using wherever, but the SWMBO didn't want it in the house, so in the garage she sits. Too bad you aren't closer....I'm selling my Haier due to acquiring the Bev-Air that holds (4) kegs and isn't much deeper than what I currently have.

If you do get a Haier, and put it inside, be sure you can either roll it outside, or place a pan under it, to thaw the layer of ice what will inevitably form on back cooling plate; for some reason they aren't auto defrost units, and you need to bel able to let the water drain somewhere besides the floor of your house.

Here's the before pic of the Bev-Air; I'm still in the middle of painting it and adding the add'l taps....

IMG_3661.jpg

Latest posts

Back