Haier Beer Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own one. I hate it.

Yes, it can be converted to use ball/pin lock kegs - it'll hold three of the 5 gallon variety. I put a twin tap tower on mine.

Here's what I hate:
The factory thermostat sucks bigtime. It never allowed a cold enough setting, and it seemed to have a rather wide "dead band." I have a Ranco digital control on mine now.
It frosts up BADLY. I live in a place where the humidity rarely gets above 30%, yet I have to defrost my kegerator at least once a month. I have done everything I can to keep it from happening (dessicant, sealing all the holes and gaps, etc), but it still frosts up! ...and it's not because I changed the thermostat to an aftermarket controller - it's ALWAYS had this problem. I HATE IT.

If I'd paid $500+ for this kegerator, I'd be very upset. However, SWMBO found this one on clearance at Best Buy, and we had a pretty hefty gift certificate, so it was practically free.

I own one. I hate it.

Yes, it can be converted to use ball/pin lock kegs - it'll hold three of the 5 gallon variety. I put a twin tap tower on mine.

Here's what I hate:
The factory thermostat sucks bigtime. It never allowed a cold enough setting, and it seemed to have a rather wide "dead band." I have a Ranco digital control on mine now.
It frosts up BADLY. I live in a place where the humidity rarely gets above 30%, yet I have to defrost my kegerator at least once a month. I have done everything I can to keep it from happening (dessicant, sealing all the holes and gaps, etc), but it still frosts up! ...and it's not because I changed the thermostat to an aftermarket controller - it's ALWAYS had this problem. I HATE IT.

If I'd paid $500+ for this kegerator, I'd be very upset. However, SWMBO found this one on clearance at Best Buy, and we had a pretty hefty gift certificate, so it was practically free.

Oh man. I was just doing a search to see if anyone else hated the thermostat on this POS. It was a birthday present from SWMBO, so I can't say anything but I really can't stand it. The temperature swings are enormous and it doesn't seal well. Frost; yeah, all the time.

What now? Take the tower off, use it for cool storage and convert a freezer? Maybe.

Back