Haier 7.1 CU FT Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSD

Reaction score
Hey all!

After cruising these kegerator builds I was left with no option; I've gotta make a keezer! I'm picking up a Haier 7.1 tonight, and I'm going to give it a light sanding and paint it black with a foam roller.

I'm going with 2 taps, and I ordered a tower. I really don't mind coming in through the top of the freezer, but I noticed almost every build I can find is either collared or has a full coffin. Does anybody know any threads that show a tower installed directly into the door? Would really love to see what it looks like. I'm also trying to figure out if there are any wires coming through the door, but I think I'm cleared to just make the cut through the top.

Here's the kit I ordered from kegconnection:

2 Faucet Tower Kit
Regulator and Air Systems: Taprite Regulator and Air Distributor for 2 Faucet Kits
Disconnects: American (Sanke) Tap, Blue Lever Type, Taprite Brand [Still investigating home brewing, so I'll buy new disconnects when the time comes]
Beer Line: 10' Beer Line - 5' per line
Tower Assembly: 2 Faucet Tower, SS Tower and Shanks
Faucet 1: Perlick 630SS Faucet
Faucet 2: Perlick 630SS Faucet
CO2 Cylinders: 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Aluminum
Thermostat: Freezer to Kegerator Instant Conversion Thermostat

I also ordered a computer fan, which I'll set up at the bottom to keep the cold air moving around. On the side of the freezer I'm mounting a Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer.

Look forward to posting my progress as I go! :D

Heres one from here fron few years ago
Keezer19.jpg

Awesome, that's a big help Jason!

I picked up my freezer tonight, and it's exactly what I was hoping for. The texture is entirely smooth, though, and I was expecting textured (as seen in the keeper above). I'm assuming all my sanding proceeds the same, but trying to do some research on what the best grit would be on the smooth surface.

Back