Hai I'm in DC for the weekend, sup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should hit up Right Proper. They do great berliners and farmhouse stuff.

Bluejacket is doing a big bottle release tomorrow--they don't have the best reputation because they opened with a ton of hype and mostly failed to deliver, but they've hit their stride. BA Mexican Radio is a quality spiced stout & Lost Weekend is one of the better IPAs in the area.

If you see any Ocelot IPAs on tap, drink them. They're making the best hoppy beers in the area.

You could also swing by DC Brau for some OTWOA cans.

200.gif

I hit Dominion wine & beer today to say hi to Alex, who I met on Chicago when I still worked for Binny's and bought a sixer of Ithica Berliner, which is quite tasty.

Lunch was at Bluejacket which was a shock to me. I'm from here originally (left in 2003) and holy **** is SE different. The only thing I recognize is the 7-11.

After that went record shopping, met up with a friend at the Drafting Table, then hung out at NPR, now back in Springfield sipping the Ithica.

Dunno what I'm doing tomorrow yet.

I second the vote for Right Proper. Excellent beers and top notch food too. Get a pour of 'Diamonds, Furcoat & Champagne'. It's a nice berlinerweisse with meyer lemon, elderflowers and some dry hops. Killed a 2L growler today. Easy peasy.

Well i'm home. Thanks everyone <3

Back