Had to share...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
bad coffee

bad coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
pssst. 3+6 =9. but I do have a 5 gal and a 25l demi. so I do have 11... Have you been rooting around my basement?

I'm splitting them with a friend I brew with. I have a box o DME coming, so I'll have 6 filled within a few weeks. The others will be sec's or I'll sell them to my bud.

oh, and I just got my secondary regulators from american science and surplus, and they're PERLICKS!

B

ChshreCat

Reaction score
If you do... I only find about half of them named "carboy". If you search for words like "jug" you also find some.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Craigslist score!
all for $15 each.

Half price glass carboys!
Where are you buying carboy's that you're spending $30/each??? LHBS has them for $20, a few more bucks for the 6 gallon.

PS: Still a good score. Saving money is saving money. Now fill those suckers!

FSR402

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you buying carboy's that you're spending $30/each??? LHBS has them for $20, a few more bucks for the 6 gallon.

PS: Still a good score. Saving money is saving money. Now fill those suckers!
You may wat to check those prices again. They have all gone up a lot in the last 6 months.

jspence1

Reaction score
Wow I really scored then last week I got 3 6G and 1 3G for $10. I was also able to get 4 5G and 2 6G for free on freecycle last year.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
Was just there on Friday...Prices are the same.
I would buy a few then at that price. The place in Mexico that was making them stopped and now they are all imported from Europe. The 5 gallon units are over $30 here and the 6 gallon is like $45.

From now on I'll be buying Better Bottles when I have a need. Oh, and there seems to be a shortage of #10 drilled stoppers.

OP
bad coffee

bad coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The 5 gallon units are over $30 here and the 6 gallon is like $45.
That's about the prices I've been quoted locally.

I tried to buy them at my LHBS. They didn't have any, and weren't going to get any, as far as they knew. I paid $27 for a 5 gallon, and $33 for a 25liter demi-jon. So $15 bux is close enough to half price for me.

Latest posts