Had to move primary bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yournotpeter

Reaction score
Hello -

I've got an IPA that began fermentation about 8 hours ago. But since then, the room temperature where I normally ferment reached 75 degrees. I have since relocated the primary bucket to my basement where the ambient temperature is around 66 degrees.

Any issues with having fermentation begin at one temperature and then relocate it 8 hours later to a different temperature?

Thanks

Hello -

I've got an IPA that began fermentation about 8 hours ago. But since then, the room temperature where I normally ferment reached 75 degrees. I have since relocated the primary bucket to my basement where the ambient temperature is around 66 degrees.

Any issues with having fermentation begin at one temperature and then relocate it 8 hours later to a different temperature?

Thanks

You caught it quickly, you will be fine. You moved it to a good location, you did good!:mug:

For future brews, with summer coming, do a search on this forum for "Swamp cooler"

Latest posts

Back