Had to confirm email for second time this week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Dland

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the second time I've been alerted I did not have privalages and I should update email. Went through account confirmation twice this week, used the same email, which seems to be working fine. What's Up?

OP
OP
Dland

Dland

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just happened again. Sort of know what phished is, but not really, email working OK. Anyone in admin that can tell me what is up?

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
wait i split a twelve pack with you back on 2/12/22..then you wanted to out do me, and you were both lifetime and supporting...and now you're just a supporter again? weird...neither should have expired by now?

IslandLizard

Progressive Brewing
Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
now you're just a supporter again?
From what it looks, there's no visual distinction anymore between Lifetime and Regular (yearly) Supporters on users' profiles. Not sure when that change happened, but I have an inkling the recent forum software update may have had something to do with it.

@HBT_Admin?

Can you also check on @Dland getting account/email confirmation requests as he reported in #1 and #3 ?

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The Lifetime Supporters and Supporters were all combined to Supporters. No one has lost their Lifetime Supporting Membership. We had two user groups that were exactly the same settings except for that badge. For every forum permissions change both had to be set for each forum. So, due to the update it was a perfect time to streamline just a bit.

All Lifetime members are still lifetime members and a BIG thank you to each of you.

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the second time I've been alerted I did not have privalages and I should update email. Went through account confirmation twice this week, used the same email, which seems to be working fine. What's Up?

Okay, your email provider bounced back an email from the forum, so that caused a turn off of your email and it needed to be updated. That caused a couple of other email rejected type of settings. BUT, I see it is working and I used a setting that will block that bounce back from happening and turning off the recognition of your email. You are good and it should not happen again.