Had a Brewing dream last night.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madewithchicken

Reaction score
I was dreaming last night. I was back in my high school chemistry class and i was trying to brew with DME (which i have never used because LME is cheaper at my LHBS) and table sugar.

When someone put use coffee grounds in the pot i got very mad. But in the end i used it anyway.

in real life my chemistry teacher was the person who first told me about brewing your own beer.

anyone else have beer dreams?

Funny, I have had many many brewing dreams. I usually do a lot of dreaming the night before brewing.

Last night, though, I had a beer drinking dream. I was at a pub with my dog and I was drinking Smithwicks and the tap was a special pouring tap. Don't know kind it was, it was longer than normal ones. But I could literally taste the beer in my dream. Great dream!

All of my beer dreams turn out like a bad acid flashback from the movies where all of a sudden you are on the boat at Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory and Gene Wilder is screaming at you.

Seriously though, I just had a dream about a beer fest and there was a homebrew tent. I could taste the beer too. I woke up and told my girlfriend and she said that I need to drink less.

All of my beer dreams turn out like a bad acid flashback from the movies where all of a sudden you are on the boat at Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory and Gene Wilder is screaming at you.

Seriously though, I just had a dream about a beer fest and there was a homebrew tent. I could taste the beer too. I woke up and told my girlfriend and she said that I need to drink less.

:) The lesson there, of course, don't tell your gf about your drinking dreams.

FYI when you consider using DME know that it takes less to make the same amount of wort. Still likely to be more expensive, but it stores longer and could be fresher depending on your LHBS. Also is noted to be lighter in color, which might be important for some styles.

I usually do not remember my dreams, and don't recall ever dreaming about homebrewing.

Can't recall ever having a Brewing Dream nor a Beer dream in general but,

My wife had begun taking up sewing. She started by making these little pillows. For the stuffing she used these little foam cubes. Maybe a half inch by half inch. She never could get the hand sewn bit to hold the stitch very well at first but that did not stop her from adorning the bed with her crafty little pillows.

Fast forward thanksgiving and we were for the first time planning to have all of the family in the new house. My job was the turkey. The night before I dreamt of cooking the turkey and was abruptly, borderline violently woken by wife after having dreamt of stuffing the turkey. In reality, I was stuffing the cubes into her mouth.

True story. That could have gone bad real quick and ironically, we bought a cooked turkey the next year.

I had a dry hopping dream last night. Mostly to do with the IPA I have in Secondary right now getting ready for our LHBC's IPA competition in April.

I woke up feeling like I swallowed an ounce of pellet Challenger :(

FYI when you consider using DME know that it takes less to make the same amount of wort. Still likely to be more expensive, but it stores longer and could be fresher depending on your LHBS. Also is noted to be lighter in color, which might be important for some styles.

I usually do not remember my dreams, and don't recall ever dreaming about homebrewing.

My LHBS is walking distance from my house so i buy it on brew day or the day before. And they do a fair bit of business so it should be pretty fresh. I know one week they went through a whole 55 gallon barrel of LME.

i had a dream where i was trashed and having a great time. could taste the beer and all in my dream. then i woke up with a headache

Back