H2H-Me vs. Sam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talkingmonkey

Reaction score
I'm a huge Sam Adams fan, so for my second batch I tried to make a Sam Summer clone. I had my first blind taste test tonight and...Holy crap!!! Mine was better!:rockin: My color was a little darker, but other than that the beers were very similar. This blows my mind! I will make many, many more beers.
Greatest hobby ever!!!!:mug:

Recipe:
1 lb. Crystal malt
6 lbs. Wheat/Barley LME
2 lbs. Wheat/Barley DME
1.5 oz Mt. Hood Bittering
.5 oz Mt. Hood Finishing
1 gram crushed Grains of Paradise and Zest of 2 lemons(steep for 10-15 mins. after boil)

What kind of primary and secondary(if any) periods did you have??

How long bottled?

10 days primary @ 74 degrees-2 weeks bottled. I tried a few bottles after 7 days and it was pretty good then.

If patience is a virtue, then I guess I'm not very virtuous.

I kinda thought that a SA would have more hops than that. I'll definitely be giving this one a try next go 'round.

I'm a huge Sam Adams fan, so for my second batch I tried to make a Sam Summer clone. I had my first blind taste test tonight and...Holy crap!!! Mine was better!:rockin: My color was a little darker, but other than that the beers were very similar. This blows my mind! I will make many, many more beers.
Greatest hobby ever!!!!:mug:

Recipe:
1 lb. Crystal malt
6 lbs. Wheat/Barley LME
2 lbs. Wheat/Barley DME
1.5 oz Mt. Hood Bittering
.5 oz Mt. Hood Finishing
1 oz. Crushed Grains of Paradise and Zest of 2 lemons(steep for 10-15 mins. after boil)

Whoops! For those that care, it was 1 gram of Grains of Paradise, not 1 ounce. I'll edit the original post.:drunk:

Back