Gushers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willy Boner

Reaction score
Well, not that big of a problem yet I brew 7.5 gal. batches and bottle in 22 oz. bottles. I put them in fridge on my patio as I drink them, not any more. I usualy let them carb up in boxes behind my couch. The first 12 went as normal, no gushers. Then I put my second case in, so far when I started opening them for my consumption, I take a drink put it down..... GUSHER! I put the rest of that batch in fridge. Hope the foam calms down some or SWMBO will not let me drink in house:D It's been warm lately so may be they are just getting a little too much temp.:tank:

So you're drinking your HB right out of the bombers? I think a lot of folks here will tell you that you're missing out on a lot of the aroma and maybe flavor that you worked so hard to brew into the beer.

So first, I'd say pour the beer into a glass. It doesn't sound like your gushers are all that bad (i.e. the beer's not shooting out when you open the bottle), so a gentle pour will probably take care of the problem. If not, try chilling them in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you pour; then let the poured beer warm in the glass to a better drinking temp.

Back