Gulf Brew 7/25/2009 - Lafayette, Louisiana? Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryodom

Reaction score
Anyone ever go to this event? I'm thinking about making the ride from Baton Rouge to Lafayette to check it out. Not sure how I'll get home though.:drunk:

I've never been. I thought about going, but now I have to move my girlfriend that weekend. If you go let me know how it is and I'll plan for next year.

Gulf Brew 2009 was f*cking awesome! I had a blast. The beer selection was great, lots of brews that I hadn't tried before and plenty of beers that I did try were on tap and even better tasting. Good cajun music and plenty of great food. Luckily one of my cousins works for a restaurant that had a food stand, so we got hooked up on some grub when I needed to sober up. I'm sure that I'm a little biased but the beer tent from Louisiana was the best. They had Zea's house brews on tap, Abita, Heiner Brau, and 8 home brews courtesy of The Dead Yeast Society, a local Home Brew Club in Lafayette. Their Oatmeal Stout and Pumkin Ale were my favorites of the day. The only complaint that I can make was the bathroom situation. One bathroom for Men and one for Women. The line for the Men's was like being at a concert. They should have had port-o-lets or atleast a designated bush for the guys to piss on. Besides that, the event was a hit and I will certainly be there again next year.

Here is a list of the beers at the event:

Abita Jackamo
Abita Pecan Harvest
Abita Turbodog
Abita Wheat
Abita Pecan Harvest
Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Dixie Lager
Dos Equis Lager
Dos Equis Amber
Full Sail Session
Harp
Harpoon Summer
Harpoon IPA
Leinenkugal Amber
Leinenkugal Summer Shandy
Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat
Newcastle
Pilsner Urquell
Sam Adams Lager
Sam Adams Seasonal
Smithwick's Ale

Anchor Summer Beer
Ayinger Brau-weisse
Bitburger
Carlsberg Beer
Flying Dog Heller Hound
Flying Dog Old Scratch
Grimbergen Dubbel
Hofbrau Original Ale
Hofcrau Dunkel
Lindemans Framboise
NOLA blonde
NOLA brown
Pete's Wickend Ale
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Shiner Bohemian Black
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Sierra Nevade Pale Ale
Spaten Franziskaner Hefe-Weiss
Unibroue Maudite
Warsteiner Dunkel Beer

American Ale
Becks Pilsner
Barena
Boddington's
Hoegaarden
Hook & Ladder Backdraft Brown
Hook and Ladder
Hop Hound Amber Wheat
Kirin Ichiban
Landshark
Lazy Magnolia IPA
Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan
Lowernbrau
Modelo Especial
Pacifico Clara
Leffe Blonde
Redhook ESB
Redhook IPA
Shock Top
Stone Mill Pale Ale
Widmer Hefeweizen
Wild Blue

Dead Yeast Society's
Pumpkin Ale
American Pale Ale
Oatmeal Stout
Belgian Wit
Vienna Lager
Tabasco Ale
Peach Wheat
Wheat
Amber

Zea's
Clearview Golden
Zea Amber Lager
Category 5 Pale Ale
Ponchartrain Porter

It was awesome.

Somehow I forgot to get the Bud American Ale. Wonder how that happened...

My favorite beer was the tabasco ale made by the homebrew club. It was way more intersting than any of the commercial beers! I didn't think I would like it, but gave it a shot. It was very hoppy which balanced the tabasco flavor. It was like a juiced up spicy IPA. Surprisingly it was very, very good.

Yeah. An event where everyone is drinking beer deserves more than the usual number of bathrooms.

Good beer is alive in Louisiana! Drink Dat!

Sounds awesome guys. Thanks for the report back. My chances got the kibosh by pregnant SWMBO.

Back