Guiness record for the contiuous musical concert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A clear sign that you have a serious problem: if you don't post anything for an hour, n00bs with 14 posts start getting concerned over your well-being. :rolleyes:

No Guy's I'm involved with trying to help break a guiness record for the contiuous musical concert event. I'm grabbing my musical contacts and trying to get them slots.

AJ’s Music Café, located just outside Detroit in Ferndale, Mich., is hosting the “The Assembly Line Concert,” a 10-day, 240-hour concert that kicked off Friday to pay tribute to the auto industry and attempt to break the Guinness record for “longest concert by multiple artists.”

The concert will include at least 240 acts and focus on different aspects of the industry from workers to politicians to the media. One day of the concert will feature political leaders taking the stage, playing 24 one-hour sets. Autoworkers and local Detroit bands will also get their chance to let their voices be heard. The concert runs through March 30.

Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm took time out of her busy schedule to made a stop at the “Assembly Line Concert” and introduce one of the musical acts.

“We are ground zero for the loss of manufacturing jobs. We have to come together and hold up our brothers and sisters who by no fault of their own have lost their jobs,” Granholm said, according to the paper.

Last year Granholm sang during O’Neil’s “Danny Boy” marathon, in which the café owner earned a Guinness World Record for hundreds of people singing the Irish folk song “Danny Boy” continuously for 50 hours.

The Detroit News noted that three 2009 American-made vehicles are on display outside the café – the Dodge Challenger RT, the Pontiac G6 GT and the Ford Flex.

O’Neil hopes Americans will be inspired by the “Assembly Line Concert” and take home a similar vehicle from one of the Big Three – Chrysler, General Motors or Ford.

Concert attendees are asked to sign a pledge, either at the café or online, to buy an American car the next time they buy a vehicle.

O’Neil has invited Detroit legends Bob Seger, Kid Rock and Eminem to come out and support the event, as well as President Barack Obama.

You can watch the stream here The Assembly Line Concert, Ustream.TV: music marathon .

The website is here Assembly Line Concert

One of my buddies is teching the overnight feed. I've been trying to run rein in the chat room..and I'm gonna start volunteering my tech time after work as well, as pulling in as many of my old local musical contacts from when I was a public radio producer and booking agent.

I sent out 60 individual emails an hour ago...

I'm gonna be tied for the most part with this thing till next week...but as long as I am online I always have a page open to HBT, and keeping an eye out...I;ve posted a few things...

You guys should check out the kid on now, beofre he finishes, he's been over an hour...amazing jazz standards.

Thanks for hopping on an bumping the hit count....just wait til the "poop" kid comes back..we get a troll on every now and again...

But he's been quiet for the last 2 hours...

Well...I worked my first shift running the video feed...I just got home meaning I put in a 21 hour day between my job and there...and it was incredible. Amazing energy.

Rumours is that we may not be finishing by next weekend...and some of the "big name" invited are possibly taking spots...but they have to play by our rules..meaning to Prima Donna ****, and no bumping already booked slots, just becaus you maybe have a gold record or two...It's pretty hush hush, but I was told that some "interesting" surprises may be happening between 7am and 5 pm tomorrow....Don't know what or who...But I know some of the invites went to Bob seger, the Whitestripes, kid roc, Iggy, and motown people..SO who the heck knows...

But I found out that several coffee shops around the country and the world are keeping open 24 hours and airing our feed...there's 2 in Seattle, and 1 in Ireland that I heard about...

Also we kigured out that the Host can assign remote mods (just like regualr IRC chat) so we will hopefully get some mods actually online to get rid of folks who poop in our chat, without tying up the tech crew...I now know how hard it is to keep an eye on the chat while switching camera or running audio....

ANyway...I'm off to bed, and back down there for a few hours tomorrow...and HOPEFULLY I'll still make Deco's Zombie party (THough I might be one by that time tomorrow)

But if Seger or Kid rock walks in at 4:45 pm to do a quick set, I am not leaving, :D

If I can I will try to get some pics of the place too...

So my post count here is gonna be low while this is going on...

I'm having so much fun....I walked in their yesterday and it was like making instant friends....At one point they basically just handed over the switcher to me...It was like "Oh, you work in Video Production? Here ya go."

It is just an amazing venture....just in terms of the sheer amount of tech needed to do this..and it's all donated, and all volunteers.

Very cool Revvy, very cool. I would love to help, but a bad weekend with the kids stuff and all. Best of luck though.

Anyone remember Suzy Quatro? Leather Tuscadero from Happy Days? Her family's from Detroit. Her Brother Michael was sorta a big Regional/Detroit area rock phenomenon in the 70's and 80's. (He still sorta thinks he is to this day) He tried to muscle in on a prime slot for tonight (which was already booked) and got told that if he wants to play, then he takes an available slot.

He was told this is for Charity, not for egos, and all groups are treated equally....

He was told this is for Charity, not for egos, and all groups are treated equally....

More of us need to be told this on a regular basis in life.

Pretty cool deal Revvy... I am telling some friends down here. Try to get some followers in the ATL.

More of us need to be told this on a regular basis in life.

Pretty cool deal Revvy... I am telling some friends down here. Try to get some followers in the ATL.

When I came home at 2:30, and ate...and it didn't agree with me, so it looks like I won't be heading too far away from my bathroom if you get my drift..so I'm just gonna hang online, they're gonna try to hook meup for remote chat modding....

I'm hoping it all "settles down" by tonight so I can still make it to Deco-juicer's zombie part.

Deco if it's ok, I may crash on your floor, then head down to the site from there tomorrow.

At 8:10 am we officially passed Statesville, North Carolina and claimed the Guinness World Record for the longest concert. At 255hours and 1 minute...and still going.

We plan on ending this thing at 5pm Wednesday, April 1st....rumour is it is a special surprise...I'm not sure if it's at 4pm..or at 5pm...

But it appears it may be someone/something big.

oh hey we got a name change...

I wanna thank all you guys for listening/watching and popping into the chat. It's a good feeling, to have you there, since I haven't been hear much this week.

I've had it one on the background at work most of the week so that late night listener is me (it just happens to be day for me:))

Back