guinard lambic book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AN_TKE

Reaction score
It appears from looking at Amazon, ebay, and other online resources that the Lambic homebrew book by Guinard is out of print. Does anyone have a copy they could scan and email? I can't stomach paying $50+ for a used paperback.

Thanks!

I'd love to find a copy like this. I've been searching for a while for an affordable copy but haven't had any luck.

I wish they would reprint it or come out with an updated version

Try interlibrary loan, that's how I was able to get it. It's a great book. Look for my post on here called "an authentic gueze" recipe, it's a recipe from the book.

good idea.

I ordered from Borders today - status was "backordered" unlike other sites which state "unavailable..." Keeping my fingers crossed.

Are you kidding, $50 is cheap for it. Buy it and start a rare book collection.

I'd seen it at used bookstores before for $10-15, but back then I wasn't interested.

Not really interested in starting a rare book collection, I just want to read the content.

I was looking for it as well for awhile, but wasn't convinced there was going to be much in it that's not covered in Wild Brews at this point. Anyone have both that has an opinion about the 2?

If you have any interest whatsoever in lambic, flanders acid ales, or brett beers in general you won't be sorry! Wild Brews is a great read for sour/funky brewing nerds.

Lambic, the book, seems to be very simple in the process. Neutral yeast primary and brett, lacto and pedio in the secondary. Fun to read, but Wild Brews will get you where you want to go if Lambic is unavailable.

I've got wild brews on order from Amazon, and due to their effective upselling, I also picked up brew like a monk and barnyard brews. I guess I've got my lambic bases reasonably covered. I am still interested in getting the copy from Lambic though, it's obviously more appealing due to its scarcity.

Back