guess how much weight I will lose in 90 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staffVAJoe

Reaction score
So I am going back on the Atkins at MIDNIGHT TONIGHT

last time I was on this diet I went from 312lbs to 215lbs in 9 months

I am back to 245 so it is time to go at it again!

(this is a form of forced committal)

Whoever guesses what my weight will be on July 4th will win a prize (to be determined later)

This also means NO carbs to include beer :(

guess away and wish me luck.:cross:

Let's see.... As you lose body mass it gets harder and harder to drop pounds. Since we're only talking about a month or so, I guess you'll hit 218.

Diets suck. You take weight off too quickly which means it will come right back on when you stop them. Lifestyle change is the way to solve the issue my man. Eat healthy, excercise, and eat crappy less often. It works :)

+1
lifestyle change.
I still drink, but much less. Hunt down grilled instead of fried. Find a gym w/ classes or set up a walking schedule, anything less sedentary. Take off those 35 lbs over the course of a year, not a month.

good luck!

232. on July 4

A suggestion.
I have lost 100 pounds twice in my life doing it wrong. I have clothes from 34 pants to 42 pants, and shirts from medium to XXL.

Last July, I got huge. Just from working from home, partying my ass off, and dating a big girl. I had a "bad" pic taken at my cousins graduation party, and decided to change. Struggled all fall, christmas sucked, but talked to another cousin that went from almost 350 to 180. He did the full program of Bob Greene, Best Life. Bought the food, signed up online, had the buddy, etc.

I am way to cheap for that. It was about $500 to get going.

I read Bob Greene Best Life book, and got the cookbook, from the library.

Since January, I have really not given anything up, just changed habits. I have incorporated some of his recommended foods into my diet.

WASA Crisps replaced white bread, more veggies, more eggs, no bagels, etc.
Adapt it to what works for you.
I do not own a scale, but can tell you that I went from a tight 42 waist to a comfortable 38.

Just something to consider...

week 1 =Lose 5 lbs
week 2 = lose 2 lbs
week 3 = Go into depression from lack of home brew, gain 2 lbs
My guess
On July 4th, you will way 255lbs
Or be in prison for killing a man over a random brown bottle in the street.

I'm working on shedding some pounds too, but eliminating homebrew completely is just out of the question for me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do atkins. Your brain NEEDS carbohydrates, ketosis is BAD for your body. ATINKS IS BAD! Change your lifestyle properly (and permenantly), eat healthy foods and control your portions, exercise 3- 4times a week. You will be better off for it.

You say you were on Atkins before and now need to go back on it because you gained the weight back. I guarantee that will keep happening and you'll need to constantly be going on and off that horrible fad-diet. Losing weight and living healthy is a lifestyle change and you have to commit to doing it right or it'll never work. Try consulting with a registered dietician, it'll help you A LOT.

Diets suck. You take weight off too quickly which means it will come right back on when you stop them. Lifestyle change is the way to solve the issue my man. Eat healthy, excercise, and eat crappy less often. It works :)

Yeah... rule #1 of most "lifestyle changes" is "cut back on empty carbs like beer".... just not gonna happen.

Yes, I could stand to lose 50lbs.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do atkins. Your brain NEEDS carbohydrates, ketosis is BAD for your body. ATINKS IS BAD! Change your lifestyle properly (and permenantly), eat healthy foods and control your portions, exercise 3- 4times a week. You will be better off for it..

True enough... I like the "Zone" diet, which is more of a "lifestyle change"... it's like atkins + reality + common sense.

I'm working on shedding some pounds too, but eliminating homebrew completely is just out of the question for me.

GF talked me into Jenny Craig last October and my only condition was I would still drink beer. -55lbs later with beer almost everyday and ride my bike 2-5 days a week.

My guess 208!

Yeah... rule #1 of most "lifestyle changes" is "cut back on empty carbs like beer".... just not gonna happen.

Yes, I could stand to lose 50lbs.

I still drink when I want to, but I make sure that I eat healthy at least 5-6 days a week. I've cut back by not drinking as much, but that's personal preference. My boss stopped drinking coke and lost 10lbs just by switching to water... simple changes make a difference, but it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice one particular habit.

Now if you're drinking 6 beers a night during the week and 6+ on weekends, then that's a different story.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do atkins. Your brain NEEDS carbohydrates, ketosis is BAD for your body. ATINKS IS BAD! Change your lifestyle properly (and permenantly), eat healthy foods and control your portions, exercise 3- 4times a week. You will be better off for it.

You say you were on Atkins before and now need to go back on it because you gained the weight back. I guarantee that will keep happening and you'll need to constantly be going on and off that horrible fad-diet. Losing weight and living healthy is a lifestyle change and you have to commit to doing it right or it'll never work. Try consulting with a registered dietician, it'll help you A LOT.

This here is the best advice I have read so far throughout this thread. Your daily caloric intake should consist of roughly 60% carbohydrates, 20% unsaturated fats, and 20% protein.

I would recommend reading over the nutrition part of this guide, I recently found this on the internet and it is the training guide for the Texans including nutrition, pre and post season body maintenance, etc etc. There is a ton of cold hard truth to being a healthy individual in this guide.

http://www.iammike.org/htmods/HoustonTexansLiftingandConditioningProgram.pdf

Bottom line, eat right (forever), exercise, and see a registered dietician to get you started.

Latest posts

Back