Growlers filled-Event Cancelled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy86

Still thirsty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Brewers,

This is a first for me and I need some help. I have 4 Growlers filled with beer for an event this weekend that unfortunately has been cancelled due to the impending Hurricane/Tropical storm hitting New England. All were filled with a blichmann beer gun and flushed with CO2. How long will these last in the refrigerator/keezer? Am I SOL and need to drink them or can they last to the reschedule date of next Saturday? Any help would/advice would be appreciated.

Sammy

Hello Brewers,

This is a first for me and I need some help. I have 4 Growlers filled with beer for an event this weekend that unfortunately has been cancelled due to the impending Hurricane/Tropical storm hitting New England. All were filled with a blichmann beer gun and flushed with CO2. How long will these last in the refrigerator/keezer? Am I SOL and need to drink them or can they last to the reschedule date of next Saturday? Any help would/advice would be appreciated.

Sammy
Are they all the same beer or different? You could sacrifice/sample one growler the day before the event to see how it held up and use it to decide on whether you want to keep the others or refill.

It's not ideal, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, since they were purged and beer-gunned, assuming they were also sanitized. Competition beers often see fill-to-judge times of longer than a week.

OTOH, if this were a really important event, and I had enough beer, I would probably refill them on the day.

It's not ideal, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, since they were purged and beer-gunned, assuming they were also sanitized. Competition beers often see fill-to-judge times of longer than a week.

OTOH, if this were a really important event, and I had enough beer, I would probably refill them on the day.

Thanks for replying @VikeMan …Yes everything was sanitized, purged, beer gunned and sealed tight and right back in the fridge/keezer. I guess I’ll keep them nice and cold and I do have a small serving growler/keg so I can always add more CO2 when serving time comes.

Throw a "hurricane party" and drink it up. Or just tell the missus that you can't let that beer go to waste and drink it yourself.

Back