Growler Savers @Nikobrew - Keep Beer Fresh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
Hey folks,

This went out to everyone on our email list. If you would like to be among the first to know when we have new products, promotions, and other updates please add yourself to our email list on the left hand side of our site. Cheers!

-Niko-

--------------------

We just got our first shipment of Growler Savers in! It's a cool new system that will keep your growlers of beer fresh even when you've opened them and poured beer multiple times. You can even use it to carbonate beer that is completely flat. Here's what the full kit includes:

Handheld injector (for a Schrader valve)
CO2 Cartridge (16 gram food grade)
Growler Saver Cap (fits standard 64oz glass growlers with screw top lids and adapters for swing tops etc are in the works)
Neoprene case

A word from the manufacturer; a fellow home brewer and lover of craft beer...

"The Growler Saver applies similar principles and processes that brewers and home brewers uses when they fill kegs. The simple design of the Growler Saver first allows consumers to inject CO2 directly into their growlers. After injecting their growlers with CO2, users then manually open the built-in relief valve and discharge all of the air and oxygen out of the growler's head space. CO2 can then be re-injected as necessary. This process creates ideal conditions for storing the beer inside the growler and will ensure lasting freshness and carbonation. The Growler Saver's relief valve will also prevent the growler from becoming over pressurized, while at the same time working as a safety valve that will relieve pressure that exceeds a preset factory setting."

Introductory Sale Prices:
Full Kit $59.95 on sale for $54.95
Full Kit Without CO2 $57.95 on sale for $52.95
Extra Cap $39.95 on sale for $34.95
Growler Saver Tote/Growler Carrier $5 on sale for $4.50
Extra CO2 Cartridges (16 gram food grade): $2.50 on sale for $2.25

The sale will end on 2/7 at 12PM MST or when we run out of our first shipment, whichever comes first!

http://www.NikoBrew.com/Growler-Saver

Why you want this:

We all know the story...
You love beer. You have growlers. You take them to your favorite breweries and beer bars to be filled. You stare at the beer menu wondering which ones you'll know you and your friends will finish in one night. You see that 11% Barleywine that you really want but pass it up for a blond ale because you aren't quite sure you and your pals could dust it off along with all the homebrew you have planned on cracking open when you get back home. At the last minute you decide to get another growler filled with that Barleywine which of course is the most expensive fill on the list. You and your fellow beer loving compadres spend the evening quenching your thirst with fermented, liquid art while debating which dry hopping technique provides the optimum flavor and aroma profiles for your favorite quadruple IPA recipe. The next morning you find several growlers with beer left in them. Some only have a few ounces and some have a pint or more. With deep regret you slowly pour the flat, once perfect beverage down the drain. A single tear forms under your right eye and rightly so.. We have all been there..Never again, my friends. Never again...

VERY IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION PLEASE READ:

Orders of any product from the Growler Saver category cannot be shipped with any other items. If you would also like to order hop pellets or any other type of product a separate order must be placed.

Due to regulations CO2 is not able to be shipped by air so it will ship via FedEx Ground. This means that any orders containing CO2 can only be shipped to the contiguous 48 United States. This also means that a physical address is required; no PO boxes. We are currently offering flat rate domestic shipping on orders of Growler Saver products containing CO2 for just $8.

Growler Saver products that do not contain CO2 may be shipped to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands for the flat rate of $5.

Growler Saver products that do not contain CO2 may be shipped internationally although CO2 may not be. We can fit up to two kits in a box that ships for $21 to Canada and $25 to all other countries.

When checking out please select the appropriate shipping option. Failure to do so will result in a delay of your order being processed.

Thank you very much for your support. If you have any questions, concerns, feedback and or requests please respond to this email.

PROST!

-Niko and Crew-

Hope this isn't too much of a noob question but could one transfer their fermented beer into bottles for normal bottle conditioning and fill one of these growlers and have the beer carbonated this way? Would it be just as drinkable?

Hope this isn't too much of a noob question but could one transfer their fermented beer into bottles for normal bottle conditioning and fill one of these growlers and have the beer carbonated this way? Would it be just as drinkable?

Not a noob question at all, it's a good one. The answer is yes, you actually can carbonate beer that is completely flat. The pressure relief valve in the cap releases pressure at a PSI that the manufacturer sets it at. I am trying to get details as to the exact PSI but from previous conversations with him it was 15 PSI or close to it. Keep that in mind when carbonating, as at around 15 PSI it will take a while to carbonate (I normally force carbonate in kegs at 35 PSI and shake the heck out of it).

Awesome wouldn't you be able to shake the growler the same way you do a keg or would that not work.

Awesome wouldn't you be able to shake the growler the same way you do a keg or would that not work.

I have confirmed the PSI is set to 15 and I would definitely not suggest shaking a growler. Not that it wouldn't speed up the carbonation process but it would seem to me like asking for trouble as far as safety goes.

I was in on the kickstarter, but never received mine, or I would review it. Many unhappy customers of Growler Saver from that angle. You can buy one at retail before many of the funders get theirs.

To be fair, Nikobrew is a great vendor and I buy from them, and they as well as a few other shops were also funders of the kickstarter.

But, for some reason, many of us funders are still waiting to get ours. The Growler Savers guy does not respond to messages on Kickstarter or Facebook very well. Should have not funded them and just bought from Nikobrew... :mad:

I was in on the kickstarter, but never received mine, or I would review it. Many unhappy customers of Growler Saver from that angle. You can buy one at retail before many of the funders get theirs.

To be fair, Nikobrew is a great vendor and I buy from them, and they as well as a few other shops were also funders of the kickstarter.

But, for some reason, many of us funders are still waiting to get ours. The Growler Savers guy does not respond to messages on Kickstarter or Facebook very well. Should have not funded them and just bought from Nikobrew... :mad:

Thank you for your order we greatly appreciate it. I was a supporter as well, on the wholesale level, and from what I gather there were some parts delays on the kits themselves and then delays on the Co2 tank conversion kit which we are waiting on right now.

I got mine through the Kickstarter. Overall I'd say it works pretty well. First time I used it the co2 completely emptied. Guess I didn't have it installed properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got mine through the Kickstarter. Overall I'd say it works pretty well. First time I used it the co2 completely emptied. Guess I didn't have it installed properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the issue with the co2 cartridge. That's been resolved and you'll receive an email about that shortly.

I did the kickstarter thing and I (finally) got mine a few weeks ago and used it for the first time today. Poured one beer and then used it. The cartridge ran out! It may have been leaking slowly since I charged the unit right when I got it. I had a spare from my bike kit (unopened), so I threw that in after pouring another beer (so that's two beers out of a 64oz. growler) and it ran out before it could even make the PSV pop. Not sure whats going on, but I ordered some more cartridges to see if maybe I had two that weren't filled properly. Great idea in theory, but not sure just yet in practice. I don't want to have to use a new cartridge for each growler recharge.

edit: the second bulb was threaded so the seal mentioned in the email is irrelevant

Latest posts

Back