Growler from tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenpotf

Reaction score
I have a beer that's carbing now in a corny. Can I pour some beer directly from the faucet into a growler if I wanted to take it somewhere? I've found some threads on here that tells people how to do it from a picnic tap at 4-6 psi, but I don't use picnic taps. Can I do this, and if not, is there a better way to get beer from your keg into something you can transport or give out? I don't have a beer gun btw.

I do this if we are going to drink it that day or evening. Just cut off sooner than you think because of the head formation in the growler.

Chill your clean growler thoroughly. I add a length of my liquid out tubing to the faucet. (just stuck it up in there) Just long enough to reach the bottom of my growler. Pour slowly and you should be able to get it filled without a lot of extra foam.

I just cut the psi way down and use a chilled growler. Tilt as much as possible, be careful, I have chipped some tops by not paying attention.

Back