Growing issue need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it looks like either wind damage (wind blowing the bines into other objects or rubbing against the bricks), or depending on what and when you sprayed them it could be some chemical damage. Some pesticides can cause some foliar damage when applied on a hot day or during a sunny day. Usually best to apply first thing in the morning, or in the evening.

They don't look like fungal leaf disease or spider mites.

I'm no expert (but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once). Might want to make sure they are not too wet. Do the planters drain OK, or are the roots sitting in 'stale' water.

Hops like lots of water, but they also like it to drain, so you pull air thru the soil and the roots don't rot.

My centennial plant looks like that every year. I thought it was fungus or pests so I bought some neem oil to spray every couple of weeks. The wind theory is interesting. Mine is on a corner of the house that gets a lot of wind due to the wind tunnel effect between our house and the neighbor's. I think centennial isn't very hardy, at least not in central Indiana. I might try a different variety if I can't this girl healthy.

Mine also gets wind tunnel effect, and it's been really windy. I drilled done more holes in the bottom this AM, will see if that helps.

Back